Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mathew Parris on the Sunday Supplement

Options
  • 08-04-2007 12:28pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mathew Parris is on the Sunday Supplement at the moment discussing disbelief and what the religious actually believe. There's is a podcast for the show so you can listen to it if you want. Its about the 20 minute mark. Seemed quite good from what little I heard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You got a link to the podcast mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

DaveMcG wrote:
    You got a link to the podcast mate?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/the_westminster_hour/3851417.stm - 37k - :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Is it the BBC one or the Today FM one? I thought the latter, which is here http://www.todayfm.com/article.asp?id=318935. Last Sunday's hasn't been uploaded yet though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Its the today FM one, sorry my internet died over the weekend.

EDIT:
    This weeks hasn't been posted yet unfortunately.
    Anyway I only heard the end of it but he seemed to get his argument across quite well without any hostility.
    He mentioned that many Bishops and priests here are only really paying lip service to religious belief and don't actually subscribe to it.
    Much the same as the Anglican Church in the UK.

Also I heard on the news (today FM again I think) that a recent survey has shown that Irish teenagers don't know squat about the bible or religion. Something like only 25% know the first book of the bible etc...

Once again I'm too useless today to find a line but I'll keep looking.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Okay the podcast is finally up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Parris has written 2 articles in the Times recently on this subject.

Did John Paul II perform a miracle? Am I Mother Teresa?

Shout your doubt out loud, my fellow unbelievers

Advertisement