Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Leixlip to Cabra/Phibsboro.

Options
  • 08-04-2007 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Been offered a job at a Vets in Cabra/Phibsboro location. Been looking at route planners, maps, bus times etc for the last hour and I'm more confused than ever. So if anyone can help me here I'd really appreciate it, thank you.

I want to ask 3 ways of getting there and which do ye think would be the easiest.

1 Driving from Leixlip to Cabra....I'm talking rush hour times, how long do ye think it would take and is it a complicated route (new ish to driving and have never driven to city before).

2 Get the train....is there buses from Drumcondra/Connolly that would take me to Cabra.

3 Get the bus...is there buses from Heuston that would get me to Cabra.

Lots of questions sorry but I'm lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/returned.asp
    "Cabra" is serviced by the following routes : 120 | 39B | 39N |

http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm - to get some route hints, unfortunately it doesn't have bus routes on it - 'cos that would be tooo useful

depends on where in cabra you are - this might be good - or look up one of the ordinance survey maps of the city with the bus routes on it to see if there are any nearer ones
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=Cabra&SelectedRoute=120
    STAGE

75 25 Parnell St.
    76 24 Mountjoy St. (Blessington St.)
    77 23 Berkeley Rd. /
    (St. Josephs Church)
    78 22 Cabra Rd. (St. Peters Church)
    79 21 Dowth Ave. (Cabra Rd.)
    80 20 Faussagh Rd. (Quarry Rd.)

STAGE
    81 19 Faussagh Ave. /
    (Carnlough Rd.)
    82 18 Ratoath Rd.
    83 17 Ratoath Rd. /
    (Ballyboggan Rd.)
    84 16 Ashtown Station

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You could get the train from Leixlip to Broombridge.

What street are you going to be working on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Get the train from Leixlip to Ashtown Station, the 120 bus route goes from there and stops just down the road from the Vet's in Cabra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Brezzie

Thanks for that Capt'n Midnight.

Victor It's just off the North Circular Road I think?

adrieanne__x Does that go directly from the train station to the Vet's do you know? That would be very handy.

Brezzie, it goes right past the vets and you can get off at either the dominos pizza/spar little shopping centre thingy, which is like a 30 second walk from the vets. Or, you can get off at St. Peters Church, which is about a 5 minute walk back towards the vets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Victor wrote:
    You could get the train from Leixlip to Broombridge.

What street are you going to be working on?

Thats an awful thing to ask the girl:D

Brezzie, it goes right past the vets and you can get off at either the dominos pizza/spar little shopping centre thingy, which is like a 30 second walk from the vets. Or, you can get off at St. Peters Church, which is about a 5 minute walk back towards the vets.

Thanks adrieanne, so that goes right from Ashtown? Does it go from right outside the station? Are the times frequent? Thanks.

PS Out of interest how much of a walk is it from Ashtown or Broombridge stations to the Vets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Brezzie wrote:
    Thanks adrieanne, so that goes right from Ashtown? Does it go from right outside the station? Are the times frequent? Thanks.

They run every 10 mns most of the day. http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=120

It used to be a 2 minute walk from Ashtown station to the 120 bus terminus but there is a big development going up in that area so it might be altered now.

Brezzie wrote:
    PS Out of interest how much of a walk is it from Ashtown or Broombridge stations to the Vets?

Ashtown is a few miles away. Broombridge would be closest (maybe 15 mns? I am not sure exactly where in Cabra you are going) but it is certainly not somewhere you would want to be going after dark or during the school holidays

Ok thanks John.

Brezzie wrote:

You have to walk back towards the housing devolpement or up towards the Navan Road, where the Halfway House pub is, there's a bus stop there which services the 38/A/C which also goes to your destination Brezzie. They run every ten minutes (120) and the 38/A/C runs every twenty minutes.

From Broombridge station it's a bit of a trek, considering you have to walk down to the Navan Road from Broombridge station (approx 10 minutes, considering it takes me 7 mins to walk from bus stop to Broombridge Road, and Broombridge station is further up than where I go...) then down the Navan Road, onto the Cabra Road (approx another 5-7 minutes) and then down to the Vets which is approx 10 minutes, depending on how fast or slow you walk. So about 25 minutes walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh remember that Broombridge Station looks like something out of a bad neighbourhood in 1970s Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mully

Victor wrote:
    Oh remember that Broombridge Station looks like something out of a bad neighbourhood in 1970s Belfast.

First off ... To Brezzie, the best thing to do is get the train to Broombridge, walk to the corner of Broombridge & Carnlough, to get the 120 bus. Note. The New Cabra Rd can be awful for Traffic (no buslanes), so it'll be best to hop off & walk the rest of the way.

Secondly, Broombridge is a sham of a station, & I hope to God that someone has plans for it ... Its Election time soon people.

Broombridge is unmanned, i.e dangerous at night.
    There are no lights, no electronic timetable, no up to date printed timetable (Both are a must with the new Docklands Station*), no ticket machine**, no ticket person & simply looks like a kip. Straight out of The Commitments ... Darndale/Kilbarrack circa the late 80s.

I've only been using it a year to visit my family home, since I moved onto the Dart line, its a godsend to beat the traffic from town, just a shame about its appearance with the old factories there ...

* I recently got on the wrong train, ended up in Docklands ... hadn't a breeze how to find Connolly, or how to get out of the station for that matter. Docklands is a strange little baby.

** PS. for anyone caught out, its a handy excuse for the ticket nazis in the City Centre stations ... Tell them you got on at Broombridge.

Advertisement