Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Scrum Laws

Options
  • 07-04-2007 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

Watching the Super 14 games this morning the commentators mentioned some stats that there have been more collapsed scrums and penalties from scrums since the new laws came into effect.

They were in favour of changing the engagement back to the way it was before January and that it's not a matter of the new laws making scrums safer but that that should be tackled by education and training. They said that there had only been 26 seriuos scrum related injuries.

I have to say I agree I have noticed a lot more collapses and penalties given in scrums the new laws came in and I would be in favour of turning back the clock.

What's your view?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If that was the Blues v Cheetahs game what he actually said was 'i dont care what the stats say, don't tell me there hasn't been more reset scrums'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I watched that one but I thought he mentioned some stats to that effect during either the force/crusaders game or the reds/sharks game this morning, I can't recall which one it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Didn't see those but he was stating that the pro-new rule guys were briging out stats to say things have improved but that he doesn't believe them i.e. you can use stats to prove anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

I dont think the rule has helped all that much. It would probably be more effective if the props had to bind on each others jersey before engaging. This would mean less collapsed scrums and less resetting. Nothing disrupts the flow of a game more than when a scrum has to be reset 2 or 3 times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement