Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview with Shambhala Buddhist teacher

Options
  • 07-04-2007 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

I just came across this lovely (but long) interview with my fav Tibetan Buddhist nun, Pema Chodron and thought maybe other people on Buddhism Boards might be interested too:

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/faithandreason/portraits_chodron.html
    (If interested click the "Watch the interview"-link to hear the interview on "Faith and Reason". There’s also a little intro with the Dalai Lama in the beginning.)

Happy Easter, everybody!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Very nice, I enjoyed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Thanks for that. Well worth watching. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Very good :)

Thanks for posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

I am glad you all liked it! :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lucky man

Just after watching that. I thought it was well worth watching for people like me who have developed a recent interest in what Buddhism is about and want to learn more. In the short time that Buddhism has crossed my path I have seen so many positive things from it. Id like to here from other people that may have advice or views on further steps to take or from people like myself who may also have a recent interest in this.

Thanks, J.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

Welcome, Lucky Man! :)

I'm happy to hear that you thought the interview well worth watching.:)
    I cannot really give you any advice, other than to keep following your path in your own way.

But if you want to learn more about Buddhism, and you liked the interview with Pema Chödrön, maybe you would like one of her books as well:

Awakening Loving-Kindness

It is very practical, and for me it has been and is still very helpful (especially everytime I "fall on my face").

Also I would recommend Awareness by Anthony de Mello. As a matter of fact he was a Catholic, but he had a Buddhist teacher, and this book is as Buddhist as you get'em, and very practical too.

If you want to read a little from the old sutras (what the Buddha himself taught), I could recommend The Pocket Buddha Reader for a start.

Or maybe you'll come across something else that is helpful to you.

Good luck, Lucky Man! :)

Best,

Maitri

Advertisement