Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teppanyaki in Dublin?

Options
  • 07-04-2007 12:20pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Last night I went to a resteraunt in Greystones called "Scent Garden" - it is a normal Thai resteraunt but also has Teppanyaki. It was an absolutely fantastic meal, a great experience and we all had a really great time. As the food is cooked in front of you the chef puts on a real show and its much more than a normal dining experience. I want to do it again and take a large group of friends but want something more in the city centre. Does anyone know if there are any more?

I have heard of the Mongolian BBQ - I'm sure that is somehting similar but not sure. Has anyone been? The only other metion of teppanyahi I could find on google was this.

Anyone knwo any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

eScent in Ballinteer does it, as does this Chinese place behind the Orchard Pub in Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

The Mongolian BBQ is good. I've been there a few times now. They cater for larger groups as well. Since you choose your food yourself it's easy to cater for all tastes, including children. You add the herbs, spices and sauces as you wish. There are some recommendations on the walls saying what goes best with different types of meats and veg so if you feel lost you can get inspiration from the menu suggestions. They cater for vegetarians too as you can get tofu, although there may be some crossing over with meat as all the food is cooked on one big metal grill. You can have as much as you want so no need to have breakfast before going. Rice and water are included with the meal but sides like wraps and spring rolls are extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

There is a place in Mount Merrion, looks like fun too. Can't remember the name though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

If Chai Yo on Lr Baggot St is still open, they do it. Immense fun.

They also have great entertainment in a couple of Oriental chefs who sing Irish folk songs, extremely good fun. Just say that its one of your party's birthday.

enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭wandererz

Kielies do a good Tepanyaki. i've only been to Kielies Mount Merrion though (near Stillorgan), although there's also the one in Donnybrook and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry to drag up an old thread but no point with a new one for the same question.

Are there any new places that do Teppanyaki in Dublin City Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shezza

Chai Yo on Lr Baggot St across from Bank of Ireland is really good but you do need 5 + people I think. They cook everything in front of you the seafood stuff was amazing and the chefs sing. Mongolian BBQ isn't more a glorified buffet and the quality of the ingredients is sh*te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

There is one in Wongs in Dublin 3, a little outside the city if that's any use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 King Henry

There's a nice Teppanyaki plave called Teppanyaki in Rathmines - by the side of teh Swan Centre on the road to Ranelagh. There used to be a great one also above Kieley's in Donneybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hanlor

Akasaka in Castleknock is just outside the Phoenix park and has teppanyaki tables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

King Henry wrote: »
    There's a nice Teppanyaki plave called Teppanyaki in Rathmines - by the side of teh Swan Centre on the road to Ranelagh. There used to be a great one also above Kieley's in Donneybrook.

Tippenyaki is on Castlewood Avenue, Rathmines (opposite the Swan Centre and next door to Goodfellas Snooker Club).
    Website.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

Does anyone know of any teppanyaki places in Laois/Kildare/West Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brionde

shezza wrote: »
    Chai Yo on Lr Baggot St across from Bank of Ireland is really good but you do need 5 + people I think. They cook everything in front of you the seafood stuff was amazing and the chefs sing. Mongolian BBQ isn't more a glorified buffet and the quality of the ingredients is sh*te!

I was just at Chai Yo on Monday and they say the minimum is 2 people if that helps, and there were couples sitting at the teppanyaki tables. Very enjoyable night, but I do think a group makes it even better. They even do teppanyaki for €10 a head - beef or chicken teriyaki - which actually was pretty tasty. The chef is fun, some bits are a little cheesy but a great night out none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Does anyone know of any teppanyaki places in West Dublin?

Wongs Castleknock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 rabboni

Hanlor wrote: »
    Akasaka in Castleknock is just outside the Phoenix park and has teppanyaki tables.

hi, is this place any good for other japanese food eg sushi, sashimi?
    cant seem to find any information on them!
    thanks!

Advertisement