Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IO choke hand

Options
  • 07-04-2007 6:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I think i played this awfully

50/100 level
    I've barely played a hand
    History:
    20 mins before raised with A7 on my button 1 .called by BB(villain in this hand) and SB. Checked round on flop. BB bet out on turn ,i fold sb calls. Check on river and BB shows down A 6 for A high
    Stacks I have 9200 at beginning of hand
    Both other players cover

The hand
    Blinds 50/100
    V.Tight player in EP makes it 300 to go
    I call with 99
    BB calls
    Flop 8h 3s 6s
    Villain makes it 300 to go
    Initial raiser calls
    I raise to 1500
    Villain calls. Initial raiser calls

Turn 5h
    Checked round to me
    I check behind

River
    2s
    Villain makes it 1500
    Initial raiser folds
    I ....... ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

u gotta call !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

can't fold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

easy fold. what were they calling on the flop with?A8? your behind

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

You must've thought you were ahead on the turn, yet checked?

Think that was the only real problem; you gave them a free card and it's possible they completed the flush leaving you with a tough call.

Very much doubt they had a straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

Yeah checking then turn was horrible in hinsight,i was trying to conrol the pot though. i was worried about the initial raiser as it was the first hand he had played , an hour and a half into the tournament, thought he may have been sandbagging a big pair.
    Then the flush hits on the river and yer man bets it. I'm gettin HUGE odds to call but am suspicous at the size of the bet. It really looks like he wants to get paid and i'm down to 5000 if i am wrong. Anyway, i fold and he shows me 9 8o. And i miss ou on the chance of moving up to 13000 in chips.
    I cannot believe I folded/checked the turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

easy fold. what were they calling on the flop with?A8? your behind

Do you realise the kind odds your getting on this call !!! No way you can fold on the river.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

There's not really that much difference between 5,000 and 6,500, but there's a huge difference between 6,500 and 13,000. That's why this is a call every time. Even if he'll have a flush here most of the time, it's still a call because of the HUGE odds you were offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

yeah like i said, i choked.no arguement with the fact that not calling on the river is awful. didnt take enough time to think it through.
    what i'd really like an opinion on is how i played the turn
    was the check really bad? All i have is 99 and 2 players(including an initial raiser who is TIGHT) have called a hefty flop raise???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

have to call.... agree with that check on turn... I want to get to showdown with as small a pot as possible after the call on the flop...

Advertisement