Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish ope bustout/moan thread

Options
  • 06-04-2007 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Just gone at the 200/400 level . Mick mcloskey makes it 1200 fromEP i make it 4K with AsKc on trhe button SB tanks it (covers), Mick m folds andc i have to call. SB has KK and no miracle ace
    Bit sick really, before dinner break I was starting to run over my table . Had battled back from alow of 4000 to be on 13500K going into the 150 300 25 level. Got too aggressive and spewed down to 4000 the got a double up with QQ v AK (very lucky in that hand as a guy with 99 and a lot of chips folded(would have flopped a set.) Happy enough trhat i was playing to get chips not just hang around but in the end impatience was what left me in the position to be knocked out.
    Flushdraw and halfbaked still in as of 5 minutes ago. HB on 12K think Tony had about the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Shivverz

Sounds like you played shocking to be honest. Just jealous i couldnt play myself, but reraise with AK after that EP raise....??? Anyway grrr, maybe next year for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭rynners

I busted out an hour or so ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Well I qualified online for $6 and arrived today checked in for 2 nights had lunch wore the pretty horrible yellow and black shirt they gave me lasted 2 hours played about 6 hands in total and was second best in all of them JJ beaten by a 10 high flush hurt early and then my K9 from late position ran into an A8 on a KAKA flop and that was it, very enjoyable, checked out at 6pm, home in Ballinasloe by 9 fair play to the Burlington didn't charge me as there was huge demand for rooms. I heard people were offering 10k for tickets today as loads of scandies arrived ticketless, also I believe someone lost their BMW in a cash game last night, so glad to be home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Just got knocked out before the nights play finished , was on the feature table alongside none other than Ram Vaswani and Dan Harrington both with huge stacks compared to my miserable 7k , got blinded away picking up rubbish hands like 2 5 , 2 8 off suit , down to just over 4k with blinds at 300/600/25 , STUPIDLY thought it was my bb when it wasnt so my 600 had to stay in the pot , i look down to see K 10 , raiser with A J , i call ( all in ) , he hits a J on the flop and no miracles for me , knocked out in 307th , i failed to hide my embarrassment of my exit in the interview afterwards , overall i enjoyed it though i never got going really , was an experience nonetheless to mix it up with the pros .

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I might as well be out, I need to pull a Lloyd on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I'm gone myself. Jacks killed me tonight. In the 200/400 level i got my kings busted by jacks when he hit a set and then 20 mins from the end of the night in the 400/800, my aces were busted by jacks when he hit a set. If i win that, i'm coming back tomorrow in a really healthy position. Fck it anyway, sh!t happens!
    I was thinking of boxing teddy sheringham in the head on the way out..would have made me feel a helluva lot better!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

my tournament was pretty uneventful tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,325 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Flushdraw wrote:
    I was thinking of boxing teddy sheringham in the head on the way out..would have made me feel a helluva lot better!

Is Teddy injured or 'surplus to requirements' at Upton Park this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

Was actually playing on his table for a while today. seemed pretty weak. Was getting loads of stick about danielle and the whole BB thing.Worshipped the guy as a kid as i was a spurs supporter so found it pretty funny.

Is Teddy injured or 'surplus to requirements' at Upton Park this weekend?

Well he was tryin to chat up every women/girl in the place tonight, the manc/spur b******!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

Flushdraw wrote:
    Well he was tryin to chat up every women/girl in the place tonight, the manc/spur b******!

Yeah him and M.Greco seemed to be on a mission.....and succeeding. Bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Captain Tom

what do they have that we dont have???

oh right.nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Shivverz wrote:
    Sounds like you played shocking to be honest. Just jealous i couldnt play myself, but reraise with AK after that EP raise....??? Anyway grrr, maybe next year for me.

wasnt 25-50 when you could play small pots, early position raise means feck all in todays game.

AK is designed for the reraise, you put the pressure back on, and if they actually have a hand to go with, you have a decent fall back.

---

I set myself the tongue in cheek goal of getting my chips in with more than 2 outs like I did last year, and failed. Managed to get my chips in with, according to card player
    hand analysis 0.20% to win. :D

a proud moment. And, I wasn't even bluffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

5-13p-king.JPG

Thats the first google image search result for The-Rigger busto.

Yes i am pretty bored.

'Ianmc38 Donk' returns this...

tmr_shot4l.jpg

I see a pattern forming! Perhaps you should use that pic as ur sig? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Dont think the fish in that picture was a coincidence!

ianmc38 wrote:
    Dont think the fish in that picture was a coincidence!

it had more out than I did :D The fisherman MIGHT throw it back.

the google image search for 'lucky lloyd busto' returns

humptyhump.jpg

the google image search for 'flushdraw busto'

tony, you sly dog..

heidi_klum_8.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Google image results for "The-Rigger banned"

image.php?u=43&dateline=1101451558

• Advertisement

they're are just breasteses, nothin to fear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

anyoen know who "mercadillo" is on antesups btw...?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,195 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The-Rigger wrote:
    the google image search for 'lucky lloyd busto' returns

humptyhump.jpg

I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,195 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

anyoen know who "mercadillo" is on antesups btw...?

Twat of the year maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Flushdraw wrote:

We must have another Arsenal fan on the poker forum with that attitude. Well said, he is the most hatable person ever having played for both enemys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

oh teddy teddy, teddy teddy teddy teddy sheringham

rag2gar wrote:
    We must have another Arsenal fan on the poker forum with that attitude. Well said, he is the most hatable person ever having played for both enemys

Yeah i am an Arsenal fan. i cant stand the bloke!

The-Rigger wrote:
    the google image search for 'flushdraw busto'

tony, you sly dog..

heidi_klum_8.jpg

If only Paul! everytime i get busted from a tournie, i'll just do the search and that should cheer me up!

Advertisement