Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Stack @the emporium

Options
  • 06-04-2007 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

This Saturday @ the Sporting Emporium,

Monthly €200 + €20 Deep Stack tournament,

Starting stack 8,000

30 min Levels

Doors open from 6pm cards in the air 6:30pm sharp.

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

zsoulking wrote:
    This Saturday @ the Sporting Emporium,

Monthly €200 + €20 Deep Stack tournament,

Starting stack 8,000

30 min Levels

Doors open from 6pm cards in the air 6:30pm sharp.

John.

John, don't tell me you are dropping the 45 min clock after level 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Hi John,

Do you think you will get many numbers with the Irish Open?

What time is the latest a player can get in up to? I have a game on tomorrow at 2pm, normally finishes at 7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

LuckyLloyd wrote:

I believe its a one off Lloyd in light of the fact that John expects to get some peeps from the Irish open who wouldn't be happy to comes back on Sunday evening to finish it off. I think it'll revert back to normal next month for when you are next playing it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

LuckyLloyd wrote:

thought u were playing the open?...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Anyone going to play this? Was thinking of using it as a satellite into the 1k game at the IO

• Advertisement

Flushdraw wrote:
    Anyone going to play this? Was thinking of using it as a satellite into the 1k game at the IO

I'm 60% for the omaha in the Burlo at the moment Tony. Your thoughts?

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I'm 60% for the omaha in the Burlo at the moment Tony. Your thoughts?

I was having the same thoughts Lloyd but i know that whatever pros are playing will just keep pumping it, willing to use 5 or 6 buyins so you'll almost have to think the same. With AAKJds being about 60-40 fave over a random hand, i reckon that a few of those beats will sicken me, so i'm thinking of the safer option at the SE than a gambool fest at the Burlo

Flushdraw wrote:
    I was having the same thoughts Lloyd but i know that whatever pros are playing will just keep pumping it, willing to use 5 or 6 buyins so you'll almost have to think the same. With AAKJds being about 60-40 fave over a random hand, i reckon that a few of those beats will sicken me, so i'm thinking of the safer option at the SE than a gambool fest at the Burlo

You make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

think im hitting emporium too -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

People think this will get many runners today??
    thinking of heading in myself.....

• Advertisement

You might get a few coming from the burlington for it but i still wouldnt be surprised if it only got 30 runners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

There's 6 or 7 of us here in the Burlo, and we're heading in.Nobody at the poker desk at the moment to take a call to reserve a seat though.!
    Myself,Martin,Fran,Baz,Eamonn & Willow (probably) and a couple of others, should be a good night.

smurph wrote:
    There's 6 or 7 of us here in the Burlo, and we're heading in.Nobody at the poker desk at the moment to take a call to reserve a seat though.!
    Myself,Martin,Fran,Baz,Eamonn & Willow (probably) and a couple of others, should be a good night.

Good stuff Smurph. Doors doors dont open til 6 so probably nobody on til then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

there are 5 of us heading in aswell. might get decent numbers

happy days , who needs the IO... lol
    see ya's there....

Flushdraw wrote:
    Good stuff Smurph. Doors doors dont open til 6 so probably nobody on til then
    is the fergie fella going in tony...?

is the fergie fella going in tony...?

Yeah he's gonna head in. He might be running a bit late but he's gonna go

Fergus continued his horrendous run with KK when he got it all in preflop against 88 for a 200k pot when 7 handed. 8 on the river left him with 15k. He managed to get back up to 115k, then dropped to 70k and got it in with KQ v K7 only to lose. Unlucky once again man.

Straddlefor6 and MDwexford still in when i was leaving. 4 left and it was closing so i'm guessing some sort of deal is on the cards. WP lads. €7.5k for the winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Straddle for 6 was 3rd and Mdwexford was second

Advertisement