Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand Question

Options
  • 06-04-2007 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

While playing in a small poker tourney recently 2 guys were involved in a pot, it went a bit like this

Blinds 200 - 400

Player A raise to 1000 ( player a has 7,500 more )
    Player B re-rasie all in ( player b has 9,000 more )

Player A asks a few questions to get a tell i.e have you got a pair or...all in with A K ???

Player B says " my pocket 3's are ahead of your hand so"

Player A thinks for a few mins and calls,

Player B turns over pocket Aces,

Should his hand be declared dead or are you allowed do this, lie about your hand ???

Just curious !!!

All answers welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

to the best of my knowledge your not allowed talk about your own hand , whether that involves saying u have a hand that u dont have is another thing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

as long as he hasn;t got 33 he;s fine, I think.

btw the way, was anyone else at the table when that hand with the devil fish vs the unabomber? where the fish had the straight? seemed very odd, something about dave ulliot declaring his hand and the unabomber folding a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Normall telling the truth is the only thing you can't do...

but as always house rules apply , there is no "rule book"....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

He can lie about his hand all he wants.
    If he said 'I have aces' his hand is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you "uniquely identify your hand it is ruled dead"

• Advertisement
Advertisement