Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U19 World Cup - Ireland v Australia match updates

Options
  • 05-04-2007 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Ireland leading 5-0 against the Aussies after 20 mins. Whilst maybe not as stong individually as the Wallabies, Ireland's pack are competing well and are on top. Nice try too. High kick from the outhalf just inside the Aussie 22 towards the right wing who caught and stepped inside the tackle to score.

Good game. It's on BBC2 and Setanta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Aussies are down to 14, man sent off for a swinging arm. Ireland must be favourites to win now.

5-0 going into second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

They're actually down to 13 men....just before they had their No. 8 red-carded, their scrumhalf was yellow-carded for consistent infringements on the deck.

Scrumhalf back on 3 mins into 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

think they're in for their 2nd try as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Aussies coming back despite being a man down.

12-5 to them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Bam!
    Try for Ireland
    *Narrow miss with the conversion - Australia lead 12-10*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Australia clinched it 15-10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Very dissapointed, really thought Ireland didn't get into it at all in the second half. Don't think going for the drop goal with 4 minutes plus added time left was a good call

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Drop goal attempt looked like a very poor attempt...can't see the justification for throwing away the previous phases' hard work with an overly rushed stab in the dark. I suppose it's easy to say that from the comfort of my armchair however - the situation probably looked different from pitch level. Overall, I was impressed with the standard shown by the Irish guys.

Red card was justified as well - stupid thing to do in front of ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Kieran Essex the number 6 is in my year, pretty cool guy. Thought our defence was super solid! First half we were pretty sweet. COME ON THE IRELAND!

Advertisement