Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Easter !

Options
  • 05-04-2007 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

T'would surely be a sin to stay at home in this weather, hence I'm off tomorrow for the weekend.
    Probably down Clare way, ambling slowly back north over the days.

Enjoy the weather, drive safely and wave, if you see me :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

'tis fine weather for it:) Easter is always a great time to relax and unwind - loads of interesting places in Co. Clare to visit too:) Look out for the Easter Bunny:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

Staying put myself....surrounded by plywood/glue/grosfillex panels..yes,i'm re-doing the interior of the camper!!!!
    If you're in the Galway area...do call for tea!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

We went to Tralee and stayed at Woodlands Caravan & Camping Park - €24 p.n. for 2 ad + 2 kids w/electric hook-up. We were amazed at the amount of motorhomes - we reckon they out-numbered the caravans! Makes a change from when we bought ours 4 years ago - you might see 3 or 4 on a site.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Back home safely :)

Had great time and weather around Loop Head for two nights and on a quiet lakeshore in East Clare last night.

Stayed on no campsites whatsoever:D and the one place where we had planned on spending some money on food and drink and the subsequent night (Carrigaholt), had one of those retched "no overnight parking" signs ...so it was a barbeque and canned beer in a lay-by by the sea instead:D

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Went to Campsite about 3km from Bennestbridge Kilkenny
    44 euro for 2 nights (2 adults and 2 kids - 1 under 2) including 6A hook up. Great weather and great time:D

• Advertisement

Can you tell me the name of that campsite Malta1? Our "Millenium Tree" (remember them?) is in Kilkenny and we keep saying we must go and check it out. Have never been to Kilkenny.

Can you tell me the name of that campsite Malta1? Our "Millenium Tree" (remember them?) is in Kilkenny and we keep saying we must go and check it out. Have never been to Kilkenny.

Hi SouthernBelle
    Got to say that I dont remember the "Millenium Tree" but I do have my candle still

We stayed at the Nore Valley site. They do not take bookings so it is first come, first served. Most weekends, I would say that there would be plenty of room there but over the long weekend it was packed

Admin
    Perhaps we should start a thread where we could put details of the sites that we stayed in.....a kinda reference guide of sorts. I know that the wife was asking me to see can I find out about more sites before we head out again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Malta1 wrote:
    Admin
    Perhaps we should start a thread where we could put details of the sites that we stayed in.....a kinda reference guide of sorts. I know that the wife was asking me to see can I find out about more sites before we head out again

good idea

will look into it this evening

EDIT:

Done, see sticky at the top of the main page

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

I stayed at Nore Valley once, and probably wouldn't stay there again...but don't want to start slating camping parks on a public board, so I'll leave it at that. ;)

but don't want to start slating camping parks on a public board, so I'll leave it at that. ;)

Without 'slating' a particular campsite, surely it would be ok to "not recommend" a particular site, or to mention e.g. if the loos were dirty etc., and let people make up their own minds?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

No campsite was spotless, immaculate...no complaints there.

I thought the management were a bit overbearing, and when they came around at night at *their* assumed curfew time and sent us to bed I thought that was a bit excessive. I was there with friends (two camping units) and we were parked away from the main campsite in a little wooded glade. We had no music, just warming ourselves by the barbecue we'd used...and we were chatting quietly (honestly!).
    So we thought OK, and said we'll all go back to xxxxxxx's camper, and continue our conversation...whereupon the campsite owner said, no, we all had to go back to our own units and go to bed, lights off etc and he'd come back in 10 minutes to check our camper lights were off.
    Uh? WTF? I don't recall paying for a night at boarding school?
    So we did go back to our own units, and the next day we all left.

I would fully understand if we were being loud, and/or it was excessively late....but neither of things were a problem as far as I could see. He went on from us to another unit (a tent) and told them to turn their lights off and go to bed too...

Perhaps he was having a bad day...but I wouldn't go back in a hurry.

To show another opposite example, we were camping down in the west last summer, and having a late night....and that particular campsite owner stopped by and stayed up chatting with us until gone 4am...

I don't recall paying for a night at boarding school?...

LMAO - That's exactly what I was thinking!! :D

All fair points about Nore Valley......if you aint causing hassle, then surely you can decide what time to go to be at. On the other hand, if people were causing an annoyance (not suggesting that you were) then the mgt are doing their job
    Given that I was there with 2 young kids, it was early to bed for me anyway

Advertisement