Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Irish Open Blog

Options
  • 05-04-2007 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

I'm at the Burlington reporting for Paddy Power this weekend on all the goings on at the Irish Open.

You can view the blog here

The final super satellite started about 20 minutes ago with about 400 runners playing for 20 remaining tickets. There's also a media free-roll for 1 ticket later tonight. Both tournaments feature many boardsies (Is that what we're calling them now?) so i'll keep you updated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Best of luck Nicky, just noticed an ad advertising the blog on the PP client, it's on RTE the next couple of nights as well, you never know, you might be famous yet, we'll get you on Podge & Rodge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,124 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

NickyOD wrote:
    The final super satellite started about 20 minutes ago with about 400 runners playing for 20 remaining tickets

1 ticket per 20 players, that leaves 10k spare from buy-ins alone, with rebuys and top-ups theres sure to be alot of cash prizes. Is there a payout structure available, will the cash be paid out in €3500 chunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

popped into the Burlington today for a coffee and was treated to the Devilfish rocking and rolling on the piano in the main lounge, then he tried to chat up my woman :o:D

also spoke to gobboboy outside the burlington for about 15 minutes, came across as a really sound down to earth chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

gilmour wrote:
    then he tried to chat up my woman :o:D

I wouldn't worry. His strike rate is really really low. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

gilmour wrote:
    popped into the Burlington today for a coffee and was treated to the Devilfish rocking and rolling on the piano in the main lounge, then he tried to chat up my woman :o:D

also spoke to gobboboy outside the burlington for about 15 minutes, came across as a really sound down to earth chap.

I can't wait till tommorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Good evening, Nicky. Hope you are keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

going to drive down tomorrow night and try to get in as an observer, i recognise a few boards members faces so if you have a total random saying good luck/railing your table its probably me.

Btw the room itself is looking fantastic

kincsem wrote:
    Good evening, Nicky. Hope you are keeping well.

Yes, I am good thanks for asking. Great weather for poker isn't it. lol! are you showing your face here at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,124 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I supposr i'll be out to this tomorrow too,
    i'll say hi and GL to anyone i recognaise, probably only the few students player and dealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Man i cant wait for this , i should have travelled up tonight , instead iv to do a 3 hour journey tomorro morning :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Hey Nicky did my brother head up there with you today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

good work Nicky!

Hey Nicky did my brother head up there with you today?

No but he is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

NickyOD wrote:
    Yes, I am good thanks for asking. Great weather for poker isn't it. lol! are you showing your face here at some stage?

Believe it or not I paid in to the main event. Thats a bit of a step-up from paying into the smallest event.
    I'll be hoping for statistically impossible runs of large pocket pairs tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

NickyOD wrote:
    I'm at the Burlington reporting for Paddy Power this weekend on all the goings on at the Irish Open.

You can view the blog here

The final super satellite started about 20 minutes ago with about 400 runners playing for 20 remaining tickets. There's also a media free-roll for 1 ticket later tonight. Both tournaments feature many boardsies (Is that what we're calling them now?) so i'll keep you updated.

cool thx for this. Housebound atm so at least I get a feel for the athmosphere. more of these videos plz.. Are people still buying tickets for 6K ? :eek: has the price gone up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

Nice one. i may pop down to see it live :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

great work on the blog Nickey, really giving me a feel for being there

Advertisement