Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Asus C90, most upgradeable lappie ever?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Looks nice,better for the guy who would like to upgrade his laptop in the future type of thing than a Dell alternative though,too much cost invloved in providing custom built laptops - which means your the first port of call in warranty issues etc..Can't see them being cheaper than anything Dell will offer either...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

majiktripp wrote:
    Looks nice,better for the guy who would like to upgrade his laptop in the future type of thing than a Dell alternative though,too much cost invloved in providing custom built laptops - which means your the first port of call in warranty issues etc..Can't see them being cheaper than anything Dell will offer either...

possibly, but would say smaller shops might like the option of being able to
    change some spec items easily for custom orders. Agreed that they are unlikely to be cheaper than dell and not sure of the battery life with the desktop intel, they are supposed to be a beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't think it will make any significant impact to be honest. There are laptops
    available for a long time now with such features (mainly being able to change components like GFX card) but they are a minority interest due to price mainly, computer literacy another.

It will be easier to change these parts now that they are more universally standard as opposed to mobile and desktop cpus in this scenario granted but I still don't think it's going to set any kind of a standard by any means.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

HavoK wrote:
    Don't think it will make any significant impact to be honest. There are laptops
    available for a long time now with such features (mainly being able to change components like GFX card) but they are a minority interest due to price mainly, computer literacy another.

It will be easier to change these parts now that they are more universally standard as opposed to mobile and desktop cpus in this scenario granted but I still don't think it's going to set any kind of a standard by any means.

well wasn't saying it would make a significant impact, just that it was a nice feature to have. I certainly haven't seen them with such complete upgradeability (available for a long time or not). Of course I don't get out much..

Advertisement