Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla - Dunboyne station plans unvieled

Options
  • 04-04-2007 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Announced at tonights public consulation.

Plans may change at next public consultation, but unlikely according to IÉ.

View at www.meathontrack.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Transport21 Fan

I am as much much pro-motorway as I am railways. But looking at the last images of the Pace station and seeing the "wire" of a railway line and then compare it to the massive amount of land, space and engineering needed for a motorway. The contrast could not be more striking in demonstrating the incredible people-moving ability of a railway compared to a motorway when comparing the engineering footprint of one to the other.

The most depressing aspect of all was seeing the line fade just past the M3 junction with "End of Project" next to it. Still, only another 20 miles left to Navan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

connolly to navan in 50 mins? lol it barely gets to clonsilla in 50 mins..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Skyhater

connolly to navan in 50 mins? lol it barely gets to clonsilla in 50 mins..

God the glass is half-empty today :)
    I've travelled on the Connolly to Clonsilla rout hundreds of times and it has never taken more that 30mins. Average is about 23mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

I've got a suggestion for Navan transport:
    *downgrade the M3 project to safety improvements and 2+1 (a motorway will compete with any rail line and make it unviable)
    *fund the rail line with developer contributions, possibly from new stations with new towns along the line.

What is the estimated cost of rail to Navan via Clonsilla?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

OTK wrote:
    (a motorway will compete with any rail line and make it unviable)

Not when said motorway involves tolls and empties onto an urban dual carriageway that is woefully over-capacity, which then in turn empties onto the M50 through an over-capacity junction...

Plenty of potential for a well run train service to get ample customers on the route, motorway or not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

Does phase 2 of the m50 upgrade not include m3 junction upgrade and m50 extra lanes? Outside of recession all urban, radial dual carriageways are under capacity at peak hour - that is their nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

OTK wrote:
    Does phase 2 of the m50 upgrade not include m3 junction upgrade and m50 extra lanes?

It may be *less* hellish afterward, but it'll still be awful traffic. Traffic will in fact increase by virtue of the extra capacity being provided.

Besides, I don't know that delayed as the Navan line plans are, that it won't be open before M50 phase 2. There's already a bit of noise over IKEA - that's contingent on M50 phase 2 which isn't even starting any time soon as far as I know.

Advertisement