Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Pot Limit Omaha

Options
  • 04-04-2007 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

i'm seriously thinking of flying over for this.

Is there still plenty of places available?
    Can I register on the day of the event, and if so is there a deadline?

Any info, would be great, thx.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It has to be still open as most of the players will be those knocked out of the main event. I'd imagine if you are around the day before to register it will be loads of time, even a couple of hours before will be fine I'd imagine, but I'm sure someone from PPP may post here (if not too busy) and reassure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Cheers 5Star, well the die is cast i've booked my flights with Ryanair :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

luckylucky wrote:
    Cheers 5Star, well the die is cast i've booked my flights with Ryanair :D
    I hope I am not wrong now :o

5starpool wrote:
    I hope I am not wrong now :o

lol, I hope so too, but tbh I'm not hugely bothered as long as I can play some cash games instead or somehing that'll do me, and even if I end up missing it at least I'll have an excuse to go on the p1ss instead :D

Anyway it'll be good to finally get to meet up with some boardsies, though im sure ye'll all be too wrapped up in the poker to have a pint with lucky lucky.

Any other boardies playing or thinking about playing the plo event then?

Any ideas on what the numbers and prize money might be like for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

Will there be cheap Sit n Go's this weekend ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Will there be cheap Sit n Go's this weekend ???
    pretty sure it's all cash games.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,195 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

luckylucky wrote:
    Anyway it'll be good to finally get to meet up with some boardsies, though im sure ye'll all be too wrapped up in the poker to have a pint with lucky lucky.

Introduce yourself if you see me during the weekend Barry. If I am out of the Main Event I will gladly have a drink with all and sundry.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Introduce yourself if you see me during the weekend Barry. If I am out of the Main Event I will gladly have a drink with all and sundry.

I sure will Lloyd, I think i should be able to spot you from your picture when you won the GJP festival main event. Anyways defo top priority to have a drink with a fellow luckyonian :D and of course one of the politest and best posters here. I'm doing a kinda flying visit though, all a bit crazy, flying in on Saturday morning and flying out early on sunday morning - not even staying in an hotel so if I don't get knocked out early :eek: from the PLO tourney I'll probably just limit myself to 1 beer.

I might be wearing some weird contact lenses for this event, if so I'll be easily recognisable, so anyone want to say hello or whatever.... ;)

I would greatly appreciate if someone from Paddy Power could confirm the structure for this event tonight. I have to presume that it is a starting stack of 2,000 or 4,000 (?) with blinds anywhere between 20 - 40 mins throughout (?).

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Big Dragon rang me last night to confirm its a 5k starting stack with 5k topup, 30 min levels with 3 levels of rebuy. Seriously considering playing, good Omaha tourneys are few and far between!

• Advertisement

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Big Dragon rang me last night to confirm its a 5k starting stack with 5k topup, 30 min levels with 3 levels of rebuy. Seriously considering playing, good Omaha tourneys are few and far between!

Mmmm. That is much better than I was expecting tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

My thoughts exactly. I didn't fancy paying €300 in for 1k in chips! Here's hoping there will be good numbers, should make for an intersting tourney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

45 min after rebuy ends too. PI$$ed I cant play.

BigDragon wrote:
    45 min after rebuy ends too. PI$$ed I cant play.

Ok. I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Ok. I'm in.
    lloyd playing omaha??? lol. remeber your advice thread. def €5600 added...;)

Advertisement