Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk and urinating on the DART

Options
  • 04-04-2007 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭

An 'eyewitness' report over at After Hours. As a teaser, here is the first post (reformatted and typo fixing for readability).
    stevejazzx wrote:
    On Sunday myself, the wife and 4 year old son parked over at Landsdowne road and got on the DART to Howth.

On the way home the train had to wait at the terminus for 15 mins before departure. We got on, sat in empty seats (we were among the first to get on). The were some travellers, mother, daughter and father already on there drinking cans of beer, the beer had been spilt all over the ground as well. We moved as far away from them as we could, the smell was unbearable. The carriage we were in was still fairly empty.

Next of all the daughter (she's in her late twenties I'd say) gets up, pulls down her jeans, and her underwear, squats and starts to urinate all over the place but mostly on the floor and some empty seats. I was in shock and felt disgusted. So i got off the train (still stationary) and told the ticket office guy about it and asked if he could contact someone. He laughed.

The traveller went back to her seat and more people started to arrive. We were quite a bit away from them, everyone that got on after this had no idea the urine they were walking in wasn't just beer.

The train departed and nearly everyone who got on tried to distant themselves from the travellers because they were now arguing, but tragically though most people sat in the empty seats full of wet pee first before realising and moving. It was just unbelievably disgusting. The 3 travellers were all overweight, unwashed,yellow teeth, foaming at the moth.pouring beer into themselves while mildy puking. I've never seen anything like it.
    I've posted the Irish Rail anti-social number (1800-344-544), relevant customer charter sections (expectations of staff and putting things right) and a link to Platform 11's 'Report your issues' form.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

This is disgraceful

Given the train was stationary no one will complain if the emergency lever is pulled, train cannot move then until a member of staff mechanically resets the lever. They can't hide from that.

I cant understand the fear people have of that lever, it wasn't put in as decoration its there for use when a situation occurs on train which requires the immediate attention of staff and no it doesn't actually stop the train

If it was a more modern train the whole thing would be on CCTV

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

MarkoP11 wrote:
    I cant understand the fear people have of that lever, it wasn't put in as decoration its there for use when a situation occurs on train which requires the immediate attention of staff and no it doesn't actually stop the train

the signs around it stating improper use results in a big fine...what the hell is proper use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

im amazed, disgusted and incredulous.....at the actions of your fellow passengers (capital or small t I wonder?) and more so at the ticket office guys reaction....I would have got off and stayed off and called the gards myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

Surprised they didnt move carriages if the train was still stationary.

Advertisement