Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission for a Housing Development

Options
  • 03-04-2007 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

How long on average does it take to get planning permission for a housing estate, the builder who has built my estate owns the field behind us, however he also owns fields further up the road where he is currently building at the moment.

However these new house he has built 10 or 12 in total havent sold and now I have heared he is going to stop that housing estate and in 6 weeks time start building behind my house, I knew he owned the land behind me when I bought but I thought he wouldnt build behind us for another 4 or 5 years especially when I knew he was building the other estate.

He had planning permission in for over 200 houses but withdrew it serveral months ago. Could he honestly get planning permission and start building as soon as 6 weeks.

Please could someone reply to this as if he honestly get planning permission, my house will go down in value as a result.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It normally takes 8 weeks to apply for planning permission and then 4(?) weeks to allow for appeals to An Bord Pleanala.

You need to find out the status of the withdrawn application, as this could be resurrected.

Advertisement