Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You might want to do a manual windowsupdate this minute for this critical update

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

The guy roughly know what he is talking about.
    Don't always believe what you hear on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I'm getting right fed up with all the WGA installations mascarading as critical updates, when the actual situation is- if you don't install this piece of MS spyware you won't get the real critical updates. It's becoming monthly now and I've had enough I'm not installing any more of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Oracle wrote:
    I'm getting right fed up with all the WGA installations mascarading as critical updates, when the actual situation is- if you don't install this piece of MS spyware you won't get the real critical updates. It's becoming monthly now and I've had enough I'm not installing any more of them.

Well of course this is regular on Vista, because you have Defender.
    Defender needs to be updated on a regular basis because it gets anti spyware/malware signatures etc...
    At least it means MS is working on keeping your PC clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Not patching is one of those bad ideas.
    You will have security holes in your operating system that are well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yes, that's why I'm switching to Linux. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Good plan but you still have to update

Advertisement