Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now where did I hear this before ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Last year, when there was little Hurricanes of note, infact was there even 1 hurricane?:confused: I forget..

But i have a feeling this years going to be an active one too;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Last year, when there was little Hurricanes of note, infact was there even 1 hurricane?:confused: I forget..

But i have a feeling this years going to be an active one too;)
    5 hurricanes actually, none made landfall in the US though. Most curled round heading for us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

So in future when we get an el nino be it weak moderate or strong we can expect fewer hurricanes making landfall in the states,carribean due to shear,Ireland will usually bare the brunt of the atlantic as was the case and a milder than avg winter.ie:2006/2007 winter.

Back to op,depending on el nino again(which i still think is present)nobody knows for sure,well least your man got his name in the papers:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

More forecasts here for an active hurricane season due to the el nino. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Hal1 wrote:
    More forecasts here for an active hurricane season due to the el nino. :rolleyes:
    They are talking about the La nino which is totally different to el nino,in fact its the opposite.A la nino would indicate a more sway to tropical storms/ hurricanes with less shear and more landfalls while when there is no la/el Nino at all in 2005 season look what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Snowbie wrote:
    They are talking about the La nino which is totally different to el nino,in fact its the opposite.A la nino would indicate a more sway to tropical storms/ hurricanes with less shear and more landfalls while when there is no la/el Nino at all in 2005 season look what happened.

Yes, I meant to say 'La nino' read it as 'El'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Actually its "La Niña" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Nina

Given that its forecast this year - past experience would indicate a more lively hurricane season this year.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

May 22, 2007 — Experts at the NOAA Climate Prediction Center are projecting a 75 percent chance that the Atlantic Hurricane Season will be above normal this year—showing the ongoing active hurricane era remains strong.
    http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2007/s2864.htm

Advertisement