Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Notice Complete Issued 7 Weeks Ago But Nothing

Options
  • 03-04-2007 1:39pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've a problem with my own solicitor and a the solicitior for a developer I'm buying an apartment off.

I rang the builders office yesterday and they said that their solicitors werent ready to close. Their solicitor doenst know when I'll be likely able to close and they dont think it will be any time soon. But my solicitor drew down the mortage cheque so I'm paying that off now even though I've nothing to show for it (post a thread on this last week).

I recieved the completion notice on the 8th of Feburary (nearly 8 weeks ago) from the builders solicitor which I thought meant that we had 2 weeks to snag and close. To date the snag list isnt complete and the lifts to the building doesnt work.

I've tried to speak to my solicitor but he hasnt been very helpful. He says that they should've closed 2 weeks after the 8th but hasnt told me what the consequnces are if this isnt kept.

Does any one know the ins and outs of this.

Really I'm looking for practical tips on how to deal with the situation and if any one knows what rights I do/dont have that my solicitor hasnt made clear to me yet

P.S I spoke to hullaballú about this and was gona post in legal but I'm gona post here first. If it needs to be moved feel free.

Advertisement