Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I saw an 18s movie: Hills have eyes 2

Options
  • 03-04-2007 12:34pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yes I went to the cinema on Sunday night and saw an 18`s movie. How refreshing though I think it was only one secene that made it 18s it still was. I took in Hills have eyes 2 and while it was crap, i really enjoyed the movie. First movie that ive seen in the last 10 movies ive seen in the cinema where I actually noticed hey they have 5.1 sound here, and ive seen a lot of movies here. One of the reasons im not that bothered to get my 5.1 working at home, I rearly notice it.

Anyway just for the sound its worth seeing in the cinema, unless ya got a good sound system, then wait for the DVD.

Comments

Saw it over the weekend also. Not a patch on last years remake, but certainly a step up from the 1985 sequel. Some nice gore moments, but I flet that there simply wasn't enough violence. I was expecting 90 minuts of blood and guts and instead got about 5 minutes of said.

Still it's not often my local ciname gets an 18s film, the last was Crank and the one before that was The Hills Have Eyes, so I won't complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Crap movie. B-Movie drivel at its finest I would say, save for the fact as both a sequel and a fairly high budget affair much more was expected of it. Worth a watch but not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

HavoK wrote:
    Worth a watch but not much else.

What else would you do with a movie? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Kernel wrote:

Em...quiet, you.

No, really - Anticipate it, or buy it on DVD I suppose? Just badly phrased....:o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I not going to do a spoiler here as im not revealing any details but I thought there would be more in the film. I thought it ended to early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Kernel wrote:

Give it an oscar?

Anyway i was thinking it would be pants, i was gonna go see it but thanks for the heads up!

Advertisement