Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT Receipt

Options
  • 03-04-2007 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi Anyone?

I have used Skype for quite a while and am wondering is it possible to claim the VAT of 11.5% which is on the bill from them. We are a small to medium sized business.

I think this is an unusual amount of VAT. Is it just a matter of printing off my bills and then allocating a VAT amount of 11.5%?

Thanks in advance for you help on this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

This depends on two things.

What do you use them for.

Depends on the final destination of the service or product.

For services rendered in Ireland they should charge you 21% if they are a EU company.

If they are a EU company and you are buying from them, you can supply them with yoru Vat No. and they will charge you no Vat.

You cant claim the 11.5% vat here in Ireland, but can reclaim if from the country of Origin which can be hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Advertisement