Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Minute IO sats.

Options
  • 02-04-2007 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about giving qualifying a shot at the last minute, wondering where people would recommend the best value for live sats? SE tuesday? Or super Sat on thursday? Any other ones going on around Dublin during the week?

Any ideas how many tickets the super sat on thursday would be getting roughly? Whats the structure for it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

max_power wrote:
    I'm thinking about giving qualifying a shot at the last minute, wondering where people would recommend the best value for live sats? SE tuesday? Or super Sat on thursday? Any other ones going on around Dublin during the week?

Any ideas how many tickets the super sat on thursday would be getting roughly? Whats the structure for it?

Thanks.

Hi Max,

Well I would definitely recommend the €200 + €20 reg freezeout in the Westbury Card Club Malahide (nothing to do with the fact that I'm running the tournament).

One in 17 approx qualify and we have been known to add money to the prizepool. Definitely well worth a look as the structure we're using is modelled off the IO Main Event itself so very playable etc.

Tournament starts this Wednesday at 8:30pm with €20 qualifiers running from 7pm in the club.

Click on the link below for more info, cheers.

Best of luck wherever you're playing during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No contest. Emporium on Tuesday your best option by a mile. Playable structure and loads of soft spots in the field.

Thursday will be a crapshoot with top players involved. You will probably need to be willing to spend €600 - €800, whereas total outlay in the SE will be €310.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    No contest. Emporium on Tuesday your best option by a mile. Playable structure and loads of soft spots in the field.

Thursday will be a crapshoot with top players involved. You will probably need to be willing to spend €600 - €800, whereas total outlay in the SE will be €310.

Good luck.
    This message was brought to you by:
    Lloyd, the one man SE marketing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

ditpoker wrote:
    Lloyd, the one man SE and Pokerstars marketing machine.
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

LOL but he is right though. 200 Euro rebuy on thurs seems crazy. bring a grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

i will defo play tuesday in emporium and thurday multi rebuy

i wish i was allowed to play in the westbury on wednesday but as i am involved with carfax and dealing etc etc i am forbidden,

great structure in the westbury and it should be a great night, craic etc will be mighty, complimentary grub aint bad either

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Last chance saloon tomorrow night in the multi ticket SE game for me. Will def have spent enough trying to qualify by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

mmmm this is all very interesting, some good options, what time does westbury usually wrap up at as i live miles away. Although thursdays sat will probably be very gambly, so people not think here is some value in it? Must be less than one in ten for a ticket?

It will be ticket heavy alright, but the amount spent to try and secure one might be too high to be real value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

max_power wrote:
    mmmm this is all very interesting, some good options, what time does westbury usually wrap up at as i live miles away. Although thursdays sat will probably be very gambly, so people not think here is some value in it? Must be less than one in ten for a ticket?

Westbury will wrap up at about 2am if we get the 35 players we are expecting......(Extra tables will be brought in so don't worry it won't fill up). 'Cos its a freezeout with a really good structure its the best satellite to play imho.

Tonight's tournament will be value too but I personally don't like the one re-buy or top-up format.

Thursday is still not the worst option. You will have players paying up to a grand trying to get chips early on but if you can catch a double up at that stage and not re-buy more than once before topping up you will be in a good situation going into the freezeout stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ditpoker wrote:
    Lloyd, the one man SE marketing machine.

I'll stab ya.

Surprised you aren't use your blonde poker avatar here Lloyd since you are now a subscriber :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Does the fitz not have a feeder for the IO on thursday???

Advertisement