Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Perpetual Runny Nose!

Options
  • 01-04-2007 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

ok. so its been nearly four weeks, and everything is going great except for the fact that i have a perpetual runny nose since i stopped, and its really starting to annoy me.
    I have always had a fairly sensitive nose ( i tend to sneeze a good bit) but i'm unsure if this is a side effect of me stopping smoking or just something i have always had.

Anyone else experience this?

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

massplanck wrote:
    ok. so its been nearly four weeks, and everything is going great except for the fact that i have a perpetual runny nose since i stopped, and its really starting to annoy me.
    I have always had a fairly sensitive nose ( i tend to sneeze a good bit) but i'm unsure if this is a side effect of me stopping smoking or just something i have always had.

Yeah, me too I didn't get it until about 2 or three weeks in though.
    Last week was crap and my chest was worse than when I smoked :rolleyes:
    Much better today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Artmustang

massplanck wrote:

Come to think of it. Will that stop if you go into smoking again? Your runny nose might just be coincidence. More liquids me thinks. And take in Vitamin C.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Redshift wrote:
    Last week was crap and my chest was worse than when I smoked :rolleyes:

That happened to me too - maybe 4 weeks after I quit and it was worse than when I did smoke - really p1ssed me off - but it did clear and I haven't looked back :)

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

I quit one and a half weeks ago and i'm dying with chestiness/coughing up stuff etc.

Seems this is the norm? Obviously your body purging itself of the filth you've put in over the years of smoking!!

Advertisement