Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop>TV=black+white

Options
  • 01-04-2007 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭

Folks, last night i plugged the laptop into the side of the tv with s-video and the display was in black and white,tried it on another tv and still black and white, it was perfect the night before. I checked all the settings in the display panel and all look ok. Could it just be the cable ? Anyone ever see this before and if so how did you sort it ?

Thanks,

oleras

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Make sure you've had your video output set to pal not ntsc in video settings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

damo86 wrote:
    Make sure you've had your video output set to pal not ntsc in video settings

would that setting change on its own ? as i said, the night before it was perfect, but i did notice last night that my desktop icons were rearanged, i rolled back xp to the previous day and still black and white.

i will check the pal/ntsc thing later, hope its something as simple as that !!

Ok, how do i check the pal/ntsc thing ?:D

I followed the dell advice page..... right click desktop, prop, devices tab( there aint one) lost after that............

Its a dell 6400, ati mobility x1300 card i think. Does anyone know how to choose between pal and ntsc output on the video card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

I have the exact same problem. My s-video works perfectly on my 32" screen but its black and white on my 14" powerpoint tv.. if i move the scart lead around at the back and hold it at a certain angle its in colour.. but then as soon as i let go it reverts to black and white.. or it flickers between colour and black.

~_~

The other problem is that the windows interface comes out terrible on tv.. I use a Go6200 nVidia

Im not using a scart, im using s-video-s-video.

Gona buy a new lead tomorrow and check it that way, looks like it might be hardware related since it was in colour friday night then went to black and white sat night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

oleras wrote:
    Im not using a scart, im using s-video-s-video.

Gona buy a new lead tomorrow and check it that way, looks like it might be hardware related since it was in colour friday night then went to black and white sat night.

Are you trying it with the same dvd? could the dvd that you are now trying it with be NTSC?

Update.
    OK, checked continuity between the 4 pins on the lead, found one pin dead, got myself a new s-video lead and works like a charm.

Advertisement