Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Training Ireland

Options
  • 31-03-2007 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Hey all

We were advised to buy our Newf an Extreme Kong toy and I have been looking online for one. Found one on www.dogtrainingireland.ie Does anyone have any experience with this shop?

Thanks again :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

never both anything off DTI didn't know they had a shop you can get a selection of kongs on any animal webstie, the extreme kong is sometimes also referred to as the black kong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Thanks for the reply. I was gonna get the Kong from an Irish store, just to keep the business in the country :)

Anyone else have any experience with Dog Training Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The black kong is the only one my mothers dog hasn't destroyed. Worth giving it a go. I think some dogs might chew it to bits after a while depends on how strong and determined they are. Kongs are great toys even the red ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jane McGarr

Yes, we attended their beginners level 1 obedience course and it was brilliant, our little yorkie ben really listens to us now and is not as nervous as he used to be. I have make one order from their online shop and the stuff arrived promptly. They also have a shop at the training centre if you wanted to collect instead... but I just had it delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I have bought harnesses off them in the past. They were very helpful & delivery was very fast. I'd reccommend them to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 janvrin

I had a terrible time with this business. I would not recommend the at all. Avoid if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Sassy58

Why can I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I always order my dogs food from them and have never had any issues, always delivered quickly.

Also have had personal dealing with DTI themselves and they are fantastic to deal with and would recommend them to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

I rang them about doing a dog training course myself to become a dog trainer. They were incredibly helpful on the phone, and it was going to be of absolutely no benefit or gain to them. I was really impressed.
    and they pointed me in the right direction.

I have also used their online shop to buy CalmAid for my dogs and some books. Excellent website, easy to use and really quick delivery.

They have built up a great reputation and I have never heard a bad word about them, so don't know what the above poster is talking about.

I have no connection or affiliation with them at all. Have only spoken by phone and just letting you know my experiences!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Yep, have never had a problem with DTI customer service, they are great! Just pop them an email first to make sure they have the extreme kong in stock, before you put your order through on the website. Surprised you haven't been able to find one in one of your local petshops though, they're pretty readily available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Nothing but good reviews from me and my baba!! The guys have given me loads of advice and help and have taken special care when his legs are sore etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Doggie DayDay

Hi

I have done the train the dog trainer course with them they are FANTASTIC my 2 dogs always went to their daycare until I set up my own dog walking business....have nothing but praise for them and the work they do......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Can't speak highly enough of DTI, they are so helpful and flexible. I work odd shifts so I can't sign up for one full agility course so they let me join ones that are running when I can make them and pay as I go, I'd highly recommend them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I bought a dog pen off them before and called to collect it. I was very impressed with their setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

I just noticed this original topic is almost 4 years old and I am wondering why it is open by someone who is just criticising it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Just saw that myself too a bit strange, I just finished my third day of obedience class with my fella today and find them great

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Sassy58

I have had dealings with DTI - has been awhile now - mostly postiive one or two negative but thats just a personal thing to me - sometimes it can come down to personalities

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Groom! wrote: »
    I just noticed this original topic is almost 4 years old and I am wondering why it is open by someone who is just criticising it?

+1 Why reply to a zombie thread with nothing but a vague remark?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Have put my two pups through puppy socialization. Now going to doggy day care and have bought from the shop.

Found them just BRILLIANT. Just wish they were closer to where I live.
    Cannot recommend them highly enough, unlike others I have met they all genuinely love dogs and seem to really get them. Although sometimes I do feel like a naughty schoolboy for not doing what I as an owner always should.

Why not call in and decide for yourself though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kazza23

I buy my dogfood online from DTI as it's the only place that I've found in the country that stocks Robbies. Service is exceptionally prompt. The longest I've been left waiting for dog food to arrive is 2 days and the delivery charge is incredibly reasonable (3.50 flat charge and I can buy up to 20kg of dog food at a time!)

There was one occasion where the food I wanted wasn't in stock. Within the hour they were on the phone to me offering me the option of waiting for the new stock to arrive or replacing it with a different flavour.

My sister went to obedience classes with her 2 dogs and couldn't speak highly enough about them.

Kazza

• Advertisement
Advertisement