Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre Speed

Options
  • 31-03-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭

Folks I'm buying two new front tyres from eiretyres.com. Have decided to go with the Toyo Proxos T1-R as quite a few boardies have high praise for them.

The thing is that the speed rating of them is different to the rear tyres that I already have fitted. In other words the Toyos are W rated while the existing tyres are a V speed rating.

My question is it ok to have different speed ratings on the front tyres than those on the back of the car? Don't want to buy two extra tyres as the rear existing tyres have alot of life left on them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,420 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think once they're the same on the both axles then it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote:

Cheers Colm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

colm_mcm wrote:

Once both tyres on the same axle have the same speed rating its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah, I'm putting the new two on the front, the existing rear tyres are in very good shape. My NCT is due in less than 2 weeks, thought I might get away with the existing ones as they are borderline minimum thread depth but didn't want to risk it in the end. Would have had to buy tyres soon enough anyway. Just have see if I can sort out a small buckle in one of my alloy wheels now. Again it is touch and go whether it would be a failure or not.

Thanks again.

Advertisement