Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 29A from Beaupark/Clongriffin

Options
  • 31-03-2007 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right board for this, but I can't think of a better one :)

Is there anyone here who gets the 29A in to town in the mornings from Beaupark/Clongriffin? I'm considering moving there, but I'd really like to know how long it takes the bus to get in from there. I know there's bus lanes once it hits the Howth Road in Raheny, but I've no idea what the route's like before then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

microgirl wrote:
    Not sure if this is the right board for this, but I can't think of a better one :)

Is there anyone here who gets the 29A in to town in the mornings from Beaupark/Clongriffin? I'm considering moving there, but I'd really like to know how long it takes the bus to get in from there. I know there's bus lanes once it hits the Howth Road in Raheny, but I've no idea what the route's like before then.

You might consider getting of the 29A in Raheny (or even Kilbarrick) and transfering to the DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

You might consider getting of the 29A in Raheny (or even Kilbarrick) and transfering to the DART.

Point is I have an annual bus pass, so very reluctant to waste money doubly on a) not using the €900-worth of pass I have and b) having to pay for the Dart :(

Otherwise yes, that would be an idea. Although I think walking to Kilbarrack/Howth Junction would be better, as certainly once the 29A would get to Raheny it's plain sailing from there. It's the journey *to* Raheny that I'm most concerned about. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where are you going to?

I imagine you can expand your bus-only ticket to bus & rail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

It takes 30-45 mins to get all the way into town depending on the traffic. In the morning it's usually up towards 45 mins, sometimes more.

I didn't know it set off from Clongriffin now, I thought it still started at the school in Donaghmede.

Victor wrote:
    Where are you going to?

I imagine you can expand your bus-only ticket to bus & rail.

I'm going to St James's, so all the way in on the 29A and then out again. My pass is bus/luas and I don't believe you can change them. Mainly because they're different prices (I get mine through work so it's paid bi-monthly). Even if you could however I wouldn't like to because the dart/luas is *obscenely* expensive, and the luas is handier for St James's than the dart/bus combination :)

• Advertisement

ThatBloke wrote:
    It takes 30-45 mins to get all the way into town depending on the traffic. In the morning it's usually up towards 45 mins, sometimes more.

I didn't know it set off from Clongriffin now, I thought it still started at the school in Donaghmede.

Thanks for the info.

I don't know where it goes from, to be honest, though I did see something last year or the year before suggesting it was going to be going from the Hole in the Wall Road, if it wasn't already. The ad for the apartment in Beaupark says it's across the road from the 29A bus stop. Even taking that with the requisite grain of salt, I don't think it could be more than a 5 minute walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

29A still terminates on Grange Road (opp. the School). Proposals were made l14 months ago to extend it via Clongriffin towards Baldoyle, never happened though.

Xylophonic wrote:
    29A still terminates on Grange Road (opp. the School). Proposals were made l14 months ago to extend it via Clongriffin towards Baldoyle, never happened though.

Ah. That is indeed pertinent information. Well, raspberries.

Stupid lying advertising.

Back to Daft it is, so ;)

Ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

There's supposed to be a dart station going in at Clongriffin within the next year though if that's any help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

I get on the 29A (Grange Rd Roundabout stop) at 7.15am every morning ! I am on O'Connell St. for 8am at the very latest but most times between 7.50am and 7.55am.

At that time in the morning it gets to Raheny in under 10 minutes! What time would you be on the bus for??

Most mornings a feeder bus stops in front of the 29A and it has Clongriffin written all over it! Not sure if you can use your travel pass on it though as it is probably privately run!

• Advertisement
Advertisement