Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need directions- help!

Options
  • 31-03-2007 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

hey im visiting someone in wheatfield prison in clondalkin and need directions!!

the irish prison service website is useless and the AA routeplanner only shows directions to clondalkin, not exactly to wheatfield.

anyone from clondalkin or the surrounding areas be able to help me?

i know this much.......

M50, then N7.....:confused:

thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

anyone at all....im leaving in an hour:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

afaik it's near parkwest whe you go through Clondalkin village join the nagor road and turn right on past the new lidl, think it's there no 100% though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just ask any shifty looking fellas in the area.

Mike.

I know where it is now after looking at my a-z.. Go into Clondalkin village and go straight through, until you come to the main Nangor road, you'll come to traffic lights, big junction. go straight through the lights and take the next right, called station road, keep on going straight up that and Cloverhill road is the next after that.. Just ask someone where prison is from there

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

hey im visiting someone in wheatfield prison in clondalkin and need directions!!

the irish prison service website is useless and the AA routeplanner only shows directions to clondalkin, not exactly to wheatfield.

anyone from clondalkin or the surrounding areas be able to help me?

i know this much.......

M50, then N7.....:confused:

thanks!!

Not a local so can't give directions myself but to be perfectly honest (especially if you're that short on time) your best bet is undoubtedly to go to Clondalkin and ask someone *there* how to get to the prison. Since they'd be from the area, they should be able to help.

If it's the place I think it is, then it's beside Park West, up past Park West Pointe (the apartments) as you're coming from the main Park West entrance. Couldn't give you directions to the main Park West entrance though to save my life, as although I know how to drive to my friend's apartment there myself, I don't know the name of any of the roads :)

Ooh, but actually yeah, you said M50-N7; when you get on to the N7 turn left (on the M50/N7 roundabout) and head down to this weird roundabouty-road thing (it's a straight-through road, but with a road in a circle going around it - if you want to turn right you have to swing around the circular road to the left like it's a roundabout. Very weird.) You need to go left at that weird roundabouty thing; I think there's a filter. There may even be signs for Park West, in which case follow them and you're away in a hack. If no signs just keep down that road for, um, maybe a kilometre? Not sure how long exactly, but on your right there's the main entrance to Park West, and that's definitely signposted. You will go over a little bridge, with chinese food warehouse/wholesalers on your left, and come to a roundabout with a big apartment/shopping complex on your right, and Park West Pointe apartments on your left on the other side of the roundabout. Go straight through the roundabout and keep going. You will pass white-and-burgundy painted apartments/duplexes/houses on your left and a wee while after that a big grey blocky structure that my friend said was a prison. I now suspect that it might be Wheatfield prison :)

However, although the directions I've given you are as best as I can remember to that place, they may not be entirely accurate, and more importantly, that might be a different prison. Best I can offer though.

And there's still always the "go to Clondalkin and ask for directions" method :)

• Advertisement

ah ye thats the one,

cheers patrick:)

microgirl wrote:
    Not a local so can't give directions myself but to be perfectly honest (especially if you're that short on time) your best bet is undoubtedly to go to Clondalkin and ask someone *there* how to get to the prison. Since they'd be from the area, they should be able to help.

If it's the place I think it is, then it's beside Park West, up past Park West Pointe (the apartments) as you're coming from the main Park West entrance. Couldn't give you directions to the main Park West entrance though to save my life, as although I know how to drive to my friend's apartment there myself, I don't know the name of any of the roads :)

Ooh, but actually yeah, you said M50-N7; when you get on to the N7 turn left (on the M50/N7 roundabout) and head down to this weird roundabouty-road thing (it's a straight-through road, but with a road in a circle going around it - if you want to turn right you have to swing around the circular road to the left like it's a roundabout. Very weird.) You need to go left at that weird roundabouty thing; I think there's a filter. There may even be signs for Park West, in which case follow them and you're away in a hack. If no signs just keep down that road for, um, maybe a kilometre? Not sure how long exactly, but on your right there's the main entrance to Park West, and that's definitely signposted. You will go over a little bridge, with chinese food warehouse/wholesalers on your left, and come to a roundabout with a big apartment/shopping complex on your right, and Park West Pointe apartments on your left on the other side of the roundabout. Go straight through the roundabout and keep going. You will pass white-and-burgundy painted apartments/duplexes/houses on your left and a wee while after that a big grey blocky structure that my friend said was a prison. I now suspect that it might be Wheatfield prison :)

However, although the directions I've given you are as best as I can remember to that place, they may not be entirely accurate, and more importantly, that might be a different prison. Best I can offer though.

And there's still always the "go to Clondalkin and ask for directions" method :)

thanks for the reply, think ive got it now:)

no problem, you'll get there no hassle today, traffic will be light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

M50 from where :confused:

From north turn off onto N4 and continue tru roundabout and turn off at liffey valley....go straight and turn left at 2nd roundabout (power city is on your right) go straight and after Liffey valley on your left, GYm on your right turn right at the next juntion ...wheatfield prison is on your left.

Come from M50 south turn onto N4 and head off at Leffey valley exit and follow above.

Pic

X is prison ,black splodge is Power City.
    Greenie yellow line is where you drive :)

pic.JPG

kdjac

Advertisement