Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qi

Options
  • 30-03-2007 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

I think that this thread should be allocated for promoting the quiz show QI, hosted by Stephen Fry (a hero of mine). Questions should be infinitely difficult with no obvious answers!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Fantastic show! When's it back on again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

i think that they are making a new series now cos stephen fry was supposed to be coming to ucd but had to cancel until next year. the reason they gave was that he was making the new series but they could just be covering themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Yeah great show all right. New series is being recorded in May.

(I know, cos I'm going to one of the recordings:) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 poptart007

Love it aequinoctium, Stephen Fry is definitely on my dream dinner party list

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Questions should be infinitely difficult with no obvious answers!
    I prefer general ignorance, questions should have an obvious but wrong answer.

What's the tallest mountain ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

i think ALex Zanes Quiz shows from balls of steel is the best one around.

Would that be on Earth now?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

the tallest known mountain is .... Olympus Mons on Mars

I think this came up on QI - I assume Alan answered Everest
    and got his usual large minus points.

S.

shanew wrote:
    I think this came up on QI - I assume Alan answered Everest
    and got his usual large minus points.
    Yes it did. Well remembered! I think the answer (on Earth) is Mauna Kea with most of the height underwater. As correctly pointed out Everest is not the tallest (unless you take sea-level as a starting point) but is the highest on Earth. Also it is not a distinct mountain, rather a peak on top of an already high mountain range.

Well I went on Friday night to the recording (2nd show of new series - E). Very good with Bill Bailey, Sean Lock, Rich Hall and of course Alan Davies in attendance. New series is due to be screened sometime late September/early October.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement