Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Tax Online

Options
  • 30-03-2007 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭

Anbody ever use it? I used it on Wed Night at about 8pm got my tax disc in the post today at 12 oclock, i'l be using ut again saves standing in long q's

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Ditto, find it excellent, however you must do it on time or else it gets messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Bradidup wrote:
    Ditto, find it excellent, however you must do it on time or else it gets messy.

Yeah, the PIN they send you expires when your current tax disk is up, so you need to renew online before this, or the PIN won't work. Not a big problem IMHO, but worth taking note of. It's a very good and efficient service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Use it all the time. Excellent and quick to do. Anyone remember having to queue for feckin ages in the tax office to do it previously!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

It is a very useful system. And to be fair, the days of giving up an afternoon to tax a car or renew a licence are gone. Dublin tax offices at least have become very efficient in the past few years. It hasn't taken me more than 20 minutes to complete my business in one lately. But perhaps the biggest surprise is that the civil servants working there are now civil and keen to serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Thumps up here also, great service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Yip cant fault it myself, saves so much time versus trying to get time off work and standing in a queue for ages. My local tax office always seemed to close at the most invonvenient times for me
    For once government money doesnt have appeared to been wasted on this online tax, thumbs up from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I paid it during the day last time and the disck was in my letter box the following morning.

It's without a doubt the most efficiant system the governemt have. In fact the only one that works imo.

Shocking, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I'm glad they got this sorted out, but now I'm worried they won't need me this summer.

By the way, they are public servants not civil servants, although they are doing the governments job they are employed by the council.
    The reason they are nicer I presume is they no longer have to deal with such long queues everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

phutyle wrote:
    Yeah, the PIN they send you expires when your current tax disk is up, so you need to renew online before this, or the PIN won't work. Not a big problem IMHO, but worth taking note of. It's a very good and efficient service.

My tax was a few weeks late and my pin worked. Perhaps that has change now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

paconnors wrote:
    Anbody ever use it? I used it on Wed Night at about 8pm got my tax disc in the post today at 12 oclock, i'l be using ut again saves standing in long q's

Yeah, I've been using it for a few years. It's a very straightforward service, and very convenient. I don't know why anyone would actually go to a motor tax office anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

My tax was a few weeks late and my pin worked. Perhaps that has change now??

It works for up to one month into the "next" tax disc period - this is in tandem with the "one months grace" that the cops will give you if your tax is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I think it's great, but if tax is out of date when you buy a car you still have to go to the tax office and queue for ages...took me 45 mins 12 months ago, but my dad got it online for me lastnight as I was in hospital and was fine. should have the disc by monday. He uses it the whole time himself. there was an article about it in an Examiner technology pullout the other day....showing what a massive success it's been since launch a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Thumbs up from me too.. Been using it since they implemented it and it really does save you a half day off work to travel and queue.

Advertisement