Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseeker's Allowance

Options
  • 30-03-2007 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

I dropped out of college and wonder if I would be entitled to anything?
    I still live at home and I know that it's means tested so I haven't as of yet bothered to find out if I would get anything!
    It seems like a load of hassle so would it be worth my while looking into it?
    I only ever worked part time so didn't pay PRSI...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You will be asked to sign on every month and chances are you may be asked to provide proof that you are looking for work, probably a PFO letter from some companies.

nonetheless, if you are looking for money to tide you over until you find work it is very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

You would need a letter from the college stating that you have opted out of the year of study and are not returning. The date of leaving must be included. If you are under 25 and living at home, you will be means tested on the value of the benefit & privilege of your parent's income. Y You may satisfy the means test. As Billy the squid stated above keep any rejection letters from job applications to hand as you will be asked for them.

Advertisement