Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Johnstons

Options
  • 30-03-2007 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I always thought that the Johnstons were such a great group with lovely harmonies kinda forgotten though. Their version of the curragh of Kildare is perfect to me. Is there other people who perhaps saw them live in their heyday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

Never saw them play, but yes, they were a great group. I have an old, well worn cassette tape of them around the house, somewhere.
    They have an entry in Wikipedia, and there's more info on paulbrady.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭arghh

got a LP of them lately(Travelling people) on the Marble Arch Label of stuff that was not released on CD with the Curragh of Kildare ,Travelling people Banks of Claudy, Never will marry.I heard them when I was very young and their sound has stayed with me. I heard that one of the girls died in the USA sometime back.

Advertisement