Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buy one get one free !!!! Porsche

Options
  • 30-03-2007 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭

I got this by email, thought it was a joke but after doing a google it seems to be true !!!

Glen Fergusson - Sales and Marketing manager for a brand new Californian Porsche dealer. Has lost his job and faces possible legal proceedings as the company strives to reclaim the costs of the 18 Porches given away free under Glen's Opening day "buy one get one free promotion" "I admit I didn't really do the numbers properly on this one" said Glen who told reporters that he had "seen the concept work really well for coffee stores" and in terms of numbers you could argue that Glen's campaign worked. As the new Porsche dealer sold 18 Porches in the first hour of the store opening.

It took the head office a full hour to realise what was going on and subsequently shut the store.

Local man Bruce Stepper took out a second mortgage on his home after getting a promotional flyer in his mailbox. "I am ecstatic - I brought a shiny red Porsche today, got another one free and I have sold just sold it on EBay, all up I end up getting a Porsche 911 for $5000"

Jane Cameron was arguably even more entrepreneurial. The local Janitor purchased a Porsche using the dealers "no deposit finance plan for low income earners", sold both cars, paid off the finance account and walked away with $120,000 profit. The finance plan was another one of Glen's initiatives that has now been cancelled.

A red faced Glen stated "I have never really been too good at Math and I was sure the whole time we were making money - I was initially blown away by the amount of cars we were selling in that first hour. I had seen the "buy one get one free card" work extremely well for the new coffee shop down the road and thought what a great idea I will try it here."

National spokesman for the dealership chain was quoted as saying "We are just glad that the idiot didn't have time to run with his 'test drive 5 cars, get one free loyalty stamp card' campaign.

There really is some planks in the world !! I wonder if Des Cullan would think of an offer like this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,102 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Uh-oh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What a complete tool!!

What's the chances of Belgard Motors having a similar promotion..........................?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It's a fake story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

... in plenty of time for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

testicle wrote:
    It's a fake story.
    I agree, it's just not credible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,102 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yeah probably a hoax. Good one though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Kadeshh

testicle wrote:
    It's a fake story.

ahh... but you forget just how stupid americian are!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Kadeshh wrote:
    ahh... but you forget just how stupid americian are!:D
    Thats the one saving thing about that story!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

whippet wrote:
    National spokesman for the dealership chain was quoted as saying "We are just glad that the idiot didn't have time to run with his 'test drive 5 cars, get one free loyalty stamp card' campaign.[/I]

This is the dead giveaway. There is no way Dealership would release an official statement like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Leave it to the Americans, what a spanner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

prospect wrote:
    This is the dead giveaway. There is no way Dealership would release an official statement like that.

yeah i agree.

Advertisement