Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those who

Options
  • 30-03-2007 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭

For those who work in Dublin city centre and are from outside Dublin County how do you get into the city centre?
    (edited apologies )

How do you get into Dublin City centre? 25 votes

Drive and park in city
    0% 0 votes
    Park at Red Cow and get Luas / other Park & Ride
    16% 4 votes
    Train / DART
    4% 1 vote
    Bus
    36% 9 votes
    Motorbike
    36% 9 votes
    Cycle
    4% 1 vote
    Walk
    4% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

i come from Carlow to the big smoke, drive to the red cow most days and get the luas in. (occasionally I use the train)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

There are two(three) other modes of transport people can use to get into the city centre, walking and cycling (and by motorbike).

I don't work in the city centre, but when I'm heading there I cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Train all the way.

robfitz wrote:
    There are two(three) other modes of transport people can use to get into the city centre, walking and cycling (and by motorbike).

I don't work in the city centre, but when I'm heading there I cycle.

I said for people coming from outside the county, therefore i didn't think cycling or walking would be applicable. I did forget motorbikes though, and if a mod wants to add it on feel free to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,801 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

whats the point of this poll - the users of this board are hardly a representative segment of the commuting population.

• Advertisement

Just been nosey, was bored on the luas today and thought about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,294 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I said for people coming from outside the county
    No, you said
    For those who work in Dublin city centre and are from outside Dublin City, how do you get into the city centre?
    Many people cycle in from outside the city, some even from outside the county.

apologies victor i did

• Registered Users Posts: 78,294 ✭✭✭✭Victor

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

In the context of this poll, where are the city limits? The city council boundary? The boundary of the 4 local authorities? Tha canal rings?

• Advertisement

I did actually mean to say from outside the county, as victor helped me to notice hehe so i was wondering from outside Dubllin county.

Advertisement