Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus speedometer

Options
  • 30-03-2007 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi all i have 02 ford focus. this morning as i was driving to work my speedometre
    needle went from 100 to 0 km. and the went back to the speed i was doing this has never happened before and it hasn't happened since is this something to worry about the engine didn't cut out either.

THANKS ALL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It' probably down to either a faulty instrument cluster or speed sensor. My money would be in the speed sensor. These are an electrical sensor now normally on the gearbox, in the old days like the the old VW Beetle & Mini it was a cable that ran from one of the front hubs. The sensor is probably about €20 or so, these thing normally are. Keep an eye on it and if the problem returns just get it sorted at your next service. However if the car is still under warranty bring it back sooner to get the job done under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

ah yes, used to have a similar problem with the gf's old fiesta. if you had the heater on the windscreen, to defog it or whatever, or had it directed to the face vents, the needle on the speedo would hop up and down something crazy. she now drives a micra, can't beat the japs. in case anyone is wondering, i don't drive a car with hot air blowing into my face. just wanted to see what else made the needle hop up and down.

Advertisement