Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

scrapping a car for money

Options
  • 29-03-2007 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

hey , i have my 323f v6 in adverts.ie , basically its a great car but needs new shafts and cv joints and i cant get them anywhere.

I have a new car now and want this sold but other than offers to swap for a projector there doesnt seem to be much interest.

i had it in the buy and sell and some mazda nut came to see it and his first offer was 1500Euro and he paid me a deposit of 500 until he collects it but due to unforseen events he had to cancel but since then Zero interest.

Ideally id like top let it go for about 700 but need to shift it ASAP so i would take 500 for it.

Basically im now considering scrapping it, its got 4 decent tires a spotless engine new clucth, perfect gerabox etc. interior is very very clean seats etc.

...anyway my question is? ... do scrap yards buy cars for cash ? what could i expect to get and where would be best to try?? ...thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Don't Co Cos have to take in cars and give you cash for them since the 1st January?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

testicle wrote:
    Don't Co Cos have to take in cars and give you cash for them since the 1st January?
    I think it's more on the line that the car manufactures have paid a sum of money for the disposal of end of life vechicles, You do not have to pay for this, but you don't get paid for your car anymore. There was a list of collection depots in the papers about 2 months ago. Check out the local county councils about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Hiya,
    I don't want to buy your car, but I have found a guide written by a guy in the UK who replaced his CV joints on a 323F. He says he got the CV joints from www.partsinabox.co.uk. Here's the link to the article: http://www.club323f.com/ba/guides/cv_joint/cv_joint.php. Thing is, i'm not sure that his is a V6. I then had a look at the partsinabox website, they have the outers for a V6 for £44.69ea. They don't mention the inners, but it might be worth a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

From the few people I know who went to scrap yards with old cars they where asked for money and not offered any. Don't know about the new Vehicle end of live rules, but I doubt any scrap yard will pay to take a car off your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Here is the thing about the co cos, i think. Seems they don;t have to pay you, but you don;t need to pay them either.

http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/Environment/End-Of-LifeVehicles/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

o woth selling to a scrapyard, you will only get offered peanuts for the car, if ya have the time or space I would break it and sell the parts, propably make more doing that!

Advertisement