Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cancellations list

Options
  • 29-03-2007 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey guys, failed my test today on observation, bullsh*t i know. I dont mean to sound over confident but i really dont think i deserved to fail.

Any way, onto my point, how do i go about getting put onto the cancellatios list as i need my full licence asap. Or is the waiting list for finglas/ballymun shortened considerably now??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Stark

p-nut wrote:
    is the waiting list for finglas/ballymun shortened considerably now??

Nope, it's still close to a year.

Ideally you'll need a letter from your employer to get on the cancellations list.

From [url]www.drivingtest.ie:[/url]
    Q. Can I look for an early test for employment purposes?

A. An early test can be arranged in such cases; you must however provide written confirmation from your employer (prospective employer) that you are being offered employment, which requires a full driving licence. The confirmation should be on the employers headed paper and must include the employers RSI number. In such cases the candidate may get short notice of a test appointment.

You can apply for a cancellation without an employer's letter but you won't be given as much priority. Print out the form. Stick a note to it saying you're available at short notice and give your mobile number.

In both cases, I would ring them up after sending in the form to make sure you're put on the cancellations list.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

Stark wrote:
    Nope, it's still close to a year.

Ideally you'll need a letter from your employer to get on the cancellations list.

You should find that all the test waiting times around Dublin have come down a lot since sgs started the temporary testing. Seems to be down to 6 - 8 months instead of the 12months +

• Registered Users Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I applied for my test early April last year. I got it late March this year. Maybe it's a different story for people applying just now, but how many more contracts do SGS have left? Last time I heard, the government only outsourced 40,000 tests. Has this number been increased?

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I sent in a letter for a cancellation in finglas/ballymun. Rang the DOT line a few days later saying so. The girl only checked where I was supposed to have it and said I was with the SGT crowd in the NCT center in ballymun. Gave me their number. I rang them, and said I sent in a letter (she didn't even check - dont think they can) and she asked when do I want the test. They literaly had a slot every day, so I could choose. Got my test two days later and passed :D

This was in February, and I would have been waiting til September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

Elessar wrote:
    I sent in a letter for a cancellation in finglas/ballymun. Rang the DOT line a few days later saying so. The girl only checked where I was supposed to have it and said I was with the SGT crowd in the NCT center in ballymun. Gave me their number. I rang them, and said I sent in a letter (she didn't even check - dont think they can) and she asked when do I want the test. They literaly had a slot every day, so I could choose. Got my test two days later and passed :D

This was in February, and I would have been waiting til September!
    Ye this exact thing happened to me aswel, cept i applied the end of june 2006, and only decided to follow it up last wk, lol.
    Too bad i failed tho:(
    I just thought that it might take a while longer seein as its my second time round

• Advertisement
Advertisement