Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

18s on a mk iv

Options
  • 28-03-2007 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi all

i have i vw golf mk 4 1.6 and i want to put 18s on it and i want to know will this slow down the cars acceleration and handiling abilities any suggestiond much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 EvoJack

Hey VW
    Bad move Reckon it will pull the crap out of your diff or gearbox mate V.W and Audi dont react to well to big rims.
    I would keep to one inch above standard and lower it gives the same effect with no problems!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

It depends on which rims you get tbh, you can get lightweight alloys, theres your answer to the slowing down acceleration problem, and aslong as you get the right offset for the car, it shouldnt affect handling too much either, anything smaller than 17s looks lost on mkIVs imo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I have 18s on mine and hasn't slowed it down much. Handles pretty well but then I went from standard 16" with **** tyres to the 18" with Potenzas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Expect pricier tyres as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Wave goodbye to 3 pt turns!

• Advertisement
Advertisement