Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Purchase

Options
  • 28-03-2007 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Im going buying this laptop at the weekend http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Acer_Aspire_5683WLMi_Laptop_LX.AFQ0X.023/version-1.asp

It has these specs:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 - 1.66GHz (x2), 667MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache
    RAM: 2048MB DDR2
    Hard Drive: 160GB Serial ATA 5400rpm
    Screen: 15.4" Widescreen TFT (1280x800 - 16:10) with CrystalBrite Technology
    Optical Drive: DVD±RW Super Multi Double Layer
    Graphics: NVidia GeForce Go7300 128MB
    Wireless LAN: 802.11a/b/g - Call for advice on Wireless Networking
    Battery Life (Depending on Use): 2.5 hours
    Weight: 2.9kg
    Warranty: 1 Year Collect and Return - Upgradeable to 3 Years!
    Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
    Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000
    DVI Output
    S-Video Output
    Firewire Port
    Flash Memory Card Reader
    PCMCIA Type II Slot
    ExpressCard Slot
    Built-In 1.3 MegaPixel Camera
    Built-In Stereo Speakers

It costs €1164 I think that sounds like a fairly good deal but I decided to ask someone a little more educated on here! So is it good or have u better suggestions. Also iv no idea on the graphics card. Is it ok for average use I wouldnt be doing serious gaming. Are there bad points to this laptop?

Only problem is that it is an Acer iv been hearing bad things about them. Are they that bad or are they ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Anybody at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Dell have a similar(ish) spec model (640m), for €983, including shipping and a "free" printer, though I can't seem to figure out the graphics card.

I would question the need for the camera - do you really need it.

As for Acer, well have a look at the link in my signature and the Acer thread at the top of the forum. And while you are at it, do some reading on Laptopsdirect.ie (check out the few threads over in the consumer issues forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

No I dont need the camera it just happens to be on it

Advertisement