Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Cheque Being Drawn Down Before Closing

Options
  • 28-03-2007 6:24pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got a letter in the post today saying my mortgage repayments had started and I had been charged interest for 9 days of March?

I haven’t closed and I haven’t asked for the funds to be transferred to the builder.

I was under the assumption that funds would only be drawn down once I closed.

I tried ringing my solicitor as he apparently authorised the issuing of the funds (with out telling me) but of course I can’t get hold of him

I'm down a few hundred quid for nothing.

Just wondering is this the norm or how is it general done as I aint happy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

kearnsr wrote:
    I tried ringing my solicitor as he apparently authorised the issuing of the funds (with out telling me) but of course I can’t get hold of him

You were very likely to have signed a slip of paper authorising him to accept/request the funds.

Situation was clarified here before. Solr either requests the cheque from the bank at the last minute or get it a few days or a week early just to ensure that it is in place for closing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

davidoco wrote:
    You were very likely to have signed a slip of paper authorising him to accept/request the funds.

Situation was clarified here before. Solr either requests the cheque from the bank at the last minute or get it a few days or a week early just to ensure that it is in place for closing.

I havent signed anything in over a year when I first singed contracts.

The money was in the form of an electronic transfer so that wouldnt take much time to do so wouldnt need to have it days/weeks in advance

Advertisement