Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degrading status, PhD->Masters

Options
  • 28-03-2007 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm registered as a PhD student, did a transfer from Masters to PhD status last year. Is it possible for me to submit for a Masters thesis, or is it possible to downgrade by status back to Masters?

Thanks.
    -- Unhappy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

You can submit your work to date, or when you feel you have reached Masters level to the closest exam board as a Masters I THINK.

I was in the same situation recently but mine ended up having a totally different resolution. How approachable is your supervisor? Best thing to do would be call in to the Graduate Dept in the Foundation Building, ask them. Its a tricky one, and best to get the official answer.

All the best with it, I know how tough these things can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 simon_me

Thanks.

They sent me on to Student Services. Seems like all that's required is acceptance form my supervisor, then SS will change my status back to Masters. Fees, continuance fee, supervisor acceptance are stuff you have to work out if doing this.

-- Not so unhappy now.

Advertisement