Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored At Work? I can Help

Options
  • 28-03-2007 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Here you go, just scroll down a tiny bit and heypresto! Live ATC Feed from Dublin International, no time delay, nothing. Enjoy.

Click Here: http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=international

When you see Dublin just click on "Listen" and it will do the rest for you.

Enjoy,
    David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can't play the file type.:(

I works with FLV player, must be a quiet night. I havent heard a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I use real player i was up til 2am Listening to everything, telling AC where to position and to use taxiway "x" or go to gate 22 or whatever and also listening to AC inbound asking for clearance to descend to different flight levels. Download real player and you should be ok.

I was listening till around 2am myself. I can see aircraft on finals coming in from the Irish sea where I live around 2 miles from the airport. Interesting alright, some of those guys talk quickly and its hard to catch everything they say.

It's strangly addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

So have they finally got it back up and running.
    That was down for months.
    Is Cork available as well?

Only the Dublin feed is up.

• Advertisement

Cork is rarely up EINN is up alot.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Hee!

"Give way to the Ryanair, then proceed 91. Um, where's 91? Is that pretty much where I am?"

"No, it's pretty much where he is!"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭shane_by

Fascinating. Thanks for the link. I am listening here in Mayo trying to follow the flight arrivals and departures on Aertel.

Your welcome Shane.

This is brilliant im listening now to "Romeo210" thats an Irish Air Corps Cessna overhead Bray at 1,500 talking to Dublin, Dublin advising him to continue own navigation along the Coast, great stuff. "Shamrock 607 current speed 300Kts" "Shamrock 208 ready to taxi" "607 contact 1211 goodbye" "Rescue 11 enroute back to base"

I love it. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

This is strangely addictive :eek:

beerbaron wrote:
    This is strangely addictive :eek:

I love it, who else does?:D Im so happy if found the link and posted it here for you all im addicted!:D

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Yeah, nice find Steyr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Pure class! Thanks!!
    Is there some site somewhere that you can track flight progress live?

If you have google earth you can download software that shows the Aircraft moving over the world. I think its only certain Airlines that do it though i had the software for it but lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cool, remember listening to this a few months ago (I think) the time when there was one of the more recent bomb hoaxes in Dublin Airport. Dublin was on top of the list because probably because someone posted a link to it on boards at the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

You should have heard the madness that was the stormy weather we had in january with 20-40kt crosswinds. 4 out of 5 planes were going around and the tower wished each flight good luck once they got clearance. A couple of pilots got down and were congratulated!

Every now and then you hear the operations jeeps, police and "rescue 1" the airport fire brigade.

Interested stuff allright, wish i coudl still listen to it in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

shane_by wrote:
    Fascinating. Thanks for the link. I am listening here in Mayo trying to follow the flight arrivals and departures on Aertel.

Doing the same and it's great. :)

Listening to the tower at JFK too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

pclancy wrote:
    You should have heard the madness that was the stormy weather we had in january with 20-40kt crosswinds. 4 out of 5 planes were going around and the tower wished each flight good luck once they got clearance. A couple of pilots got down and were congratulated!

I was listening to that, if you read between the lines it was almost like "You go first", "No you" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

This may relieve some boredom too................... It's a pity there is no such feed from EIDW.

http://www4.passur.com/jfk.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

any body know what shamrock means does it mean Aerlingus and if so why is ryanair not called woman with big tits was on this for the first time lat week its great but could not understand what shamrock meant

any body know what shamrock means does it mean Aerlingus and if so why is ryanair not called woman with big tits was on this for the first time lat week its great but could not understand what shamrock meant

Shamrock is the Callsign for AerLingus.
    SpeedBird is the Callsign for British Airways.
    RyanAir is RyanAir.

why is ryanair not called woman with big tits

Keep it Civil please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Steyr wrote:
    Shamrock is the Callsign for AerLingus.
    SpeedBird is the Callsign for British Airways.
    RyanAir is RyanAir.

I could have sworn I heard one of them refer to a Ryanair craft as a Harp?

RyanAir is either called "RyanAir" or "FR" Its not like the Military where you can change Callsigns every day, they cant afford to make the system more complicated than it already is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Cool!

Advertisement