Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conners' Rating Scales-Revised

Options
  • 27-03-2007 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if any of you lot had any info on Conners’ Rating Scales-Revised or if you could point me in the right direction please.
    Thus far my googlefu has been turning up a lot of worrying things about it.
    I do think the questionaire is skewed and I was looking for information on it and it's validity and how prevlent it's use is in this country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

I had a quick flick on PsychInfo and couldn't turn up anything related to its use in Ireland. What exactly are you looking for?

I can't manage to link this, so the review from Buros is below:

Buros Institute of Mental Measurements Test Reviews Online
    www.unl.edu/buros
    Title: Conners' Rating Scales-Revised
    Author: Conners, C. Keith
    Purpose: Constructed to assess psychopathology and problem behaviors.
    Acronym: CRS-R
    Note:
    Publisher: Multi-Health Systems, Inc.
    Publisher address: Multi-Health Systems, Inc., P.O. Box 950, North Tonawanda, NY 14120-0950; Telephone: 416-492-2627 or 800-456-3003; FAX: 416-492-3343 or 888-540-4484; E-mail: CUSTOMERSERVICE@MHS.COM; Web: www.mhs.com
    Reviewed In: Plake, B. S., & Impara, J. C. (Eds.). (2001). The fourteenth mental measurements yearbook. Lincoln, NE: Buros Institute of Mental Measurements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Scigaithris

Conner's Rating Scales used assess behavioural problems with children and adolescents (including ADHD), specifically the CTRS-R or CPRS-R?

See abstract: Helton, S.C., et al. (2005), Factor Analysis and Validity of the Conners Parent and Teacher Rating Scales in Childhood Cancer Survivors, J. Pediatric Psychology. Link.

Validity was assessed, as was replication of analytic methods (Conners used a factor analysis when revising his scales), but as with most of these studies, they selected a North American population with a small sample size (n=150), so representativeness and generalisability may be problematic (especially cross-culturally to our Irish population)?

Advertisement