Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Union of Secondary Students AGM

Options
  • 27-03-2007 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

I know I posted this in the USS forum as well but I want to get as much coverage as possible...its for a good cause Mods !

On the 10th of April 2007 The Union of Secondary Students is having its Annual General Meeting. The meeting is from 10am to 5 pm and will take place in The Clock Tower, Department of Education Buildings, Marlborough Street Dublin 1.

It is a chance for Secondary School Students from all around Ireland to have their say on issues relating to their education. Our Annual General Meeting is open to all Secondary School Students and is an excellent way to get involved in shaping the Irish Educational System.

All Secondary Students are free to attend regardless whether they are on their school's Student Council or not. We will also have Elections for positions in the Union, in which all students are free both to run in and vote for. Running for a position is a great way to make a difference to Ireland's Education policy as the Union is consulted by both the Government and independent organizations including the Irish Business and Employers Confederation(IBEC) ,Association of Secondary Teacher's Ireland(ASTI) , The Irish Congress of Trade Unions(ICTU), IMPACT Trade Union , Conradh Na Gaeilge and The Nation Parents Council(NPC)

The Council will be chaired by Tony McDonnell, The President of The Union Of Students Ireland(2005-2006). We will have speakers from Conradh Na Gaeilge, ASTI and Rock The Vote Ireland. They will speak on Secondary School issues which we will be discussing on the day.

The final date for motions which are to be voted on in congress is the 6th of April 2007. Information on past motions and drafting motions is available on our website.

For further information visit our website www.USS.ie or email us at info(at)uss.ie.

Nikolai Trigoub-Rotnem
    President of The Union Of Secondary Students

Contact me on PM if you want more information

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hmm ok I'll allow it seeing as it's for our welfare etc.

And I'll even sticky it!

Make sure you give out about class sizes for me though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

Thanks Piste!

you are doing your bit for the advancement of education in Ireland

Yup.

Also I'm pissed off that there's over 35 people in my maths class :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

I'd be piste off about that too...see what I did there?

Then come down to the AGM piste and have your say

I would but I'm washing my hair that weekend sorry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

Piste wrote:
    I would but I'm washing my hair that weekend sorry :)

LOL i find that letdown hilarious ... prob cos for a fella it takes a minute.

Advertisement