Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill Airshow Updates

Options
  • 27-03-2007 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hey guys keep an eye on this post as i will be posting here for you more confirmed acts as soon as i get the green light to post from my dad.

Regards,
    David.

www.salthillairshow.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I just hope a Strike Eagle or two will pop over from Lakenheath, that would make my day.:)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I saw two -15s in Abbeyshrule a few years ago - awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Hey guys hows does a Eurofighter Typhoon sound? Just been Confirmed.:)

Regards,
    Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

You know what..... I have never even seen a EUrofighter.

Love to see that , is it a RAF one ?

Yes its an RAF Display Typhoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Thats good news for sure! The salthill airshow is a mighty job, love going to it.

On the eurofighter though... having seen it in action twice in farnborough, I have to say... the Saab grippen is a more impressive machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I just saw the Tiffy F2 in the paper for Salthill. Thats going to be sweet.

Just wondering where are the Thunderbirds going to be based when they are here, is there a local airfied near by the display area?

Its just I can't see them flying from Baldonnel to the west coast, then spending a good part of 30 mins in max AB at low level and then have enough juice to get back to Baldonnel.

The Thunderbirds will be based at Shannon Airport.

Biro wrote:

On the eurofighter though... having seen it in action twice in farnborough, I have to say... the Saab grippen is a more impressive machine.

The Swedish AF have pulled out of all but 2 Airshows for the 2007 Calendar and those 2 events are in Sweden.

Just wondering where are the Thunderbirds going to be based when they are here, is there a local airfied near by the display area?

Galway ( EICM ) would not be able to Accommodate them.

• Advertisement

Hey i will be able to confirm 2 new Acts, one Flying and one Static within the next few days so watch this space.

Hey guys 2 New Additions for the Salthill Airshow 2007 are as follows

1. RAF Solo Display Hawk Jet

2. Royal Navy Commando Sea King Helicopter ( Static )

More great news to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Have been meaning to get to this for the last few yrs so will try and get down this year. Anybody been last few years? Decent? I remember the air shows at Baldonnel all those years ago :eek:

Sizzler wrote:
    Have been meaning to get to this for the last few yrs so will try and get down this year. Anybody been last few years? Decent? I remember the air shows at Baldonnel all those years ago :eek:

Decent??? It's amazing, and its FREE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Havent been to it yet, been wanting to go for the last two years, Bet ye any money that I won't be able to go again this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Has anyone tried out the VIP area in the hotel? Is it good value or a rip-off? I'm thinking of going up to see the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Steyr wrote:
    Decent??? It's amazing, and its FREE.
    Amazing except for the anti-war spacecakes who blight the event :o

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Sizzler wrote:
    Well, that's the folklore of any similair event nowadays :cool: It wouldn't be complete without such demonstrations... Remember last years' Easter parade?

Sizzler wrote:

Funnily enough they get lambasted by the Public on the day and at 2:50PM they end up not protesting and sitting down to watch the show.:rolleyes:

On another note i can Confirm that the Irish Coast Guard will have a Sikorsky S61N SAR Helicopter in for the Flying Display!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Woo! I love to see those big boys put through their paces, especially steep turns which they do very well for their size.

• Advertisement

Hey guys, Another new Addition.

RAF Grob Tutor Solo Display.

Hey guys, Another new Addition.

Very RARE!!!!

RNLAF Agusta Bell 412 SAR Demo!:D

Advertisement