Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Irish Open Satellite @theSportingEmporium Tue 3rd April

Options
  • 27-03-2007 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

After the success of the last Irish Open satellite at the Sporting Emporium many people have asked if we can fit one more in before the main event.

As we are always eager to accommodate Alex and I have decided that this game will take place on Tuesday 3rd April, it will have the same format and structure as before.

Ten players managed to qualify last time around and it would be great if another Ten could qualify on the 3rd April.

Buy in €150 + €15

Re-Buy/Top-Up €150

Chips 3,500/5,000

Clock 20/30

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

anyone know what time this is likely to finish up at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

5am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

hope to get to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

good tourneys but the ante/blind ratio really needs looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

nicnicnic wrote:
    good tourneys but the ante/blind ratio really needs looking at
    i didnt think so when i played it in februaru unless it has since changed. the finish time shows there is lots of play to be fair to them. when iplayed it i was shortstakced throughout, i never felt under serious pressure i just stole the blinds once a round and kept my head above water. any excuse at all nicky! you know theres antes in the open??:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

what ratio is it at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is it 1 rebuy or top-up, or one of each??

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Is it unlimited rebuys?

whats the blinds structure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

John is the Deepstack tourney on this Sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,192 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Is it unlimited rebuys?

whats the blinds structure?

One Rebuy or One top up.

Blinds 20mins until the 400 / 800 level, then 30 mins thereafter. All levels.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

Shane the deepstack is on the saturday of the irish open weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

need to look at stacks ...its an expensive buy in for 3500 chips 20 min clock .... at least 5k starting or else u are in trouble straight away as i found out after Calling with Aj Flop Ajq - My all in called by A10 just to see a beautiful K on the river .... I know there are 9 tickets prizepool in excess of 31k ... This should make the structure come first in my opinion so u get value for 300 +15 Dont like any game that a player can rebuy more then he started with .. Never makes sense to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

zsoulking wrote:
    After the success of the last Irish Open satellite at the Sporting Emporium many people have asked if we can fit one more in before the main event.

As we are always eager to accommodate Alex and I have decided that this game will take place on Tuesday 3rd April, it will have the same format and structure as before.

Ten players managed to qualify last time around and it would be great if another Ten could qualify on the 3rd April.

Buy in €150 + €15

Re-Buy/Top-Up €150

Chips 3,500/5,000

Clock 20/30

John.

How many runners do you think you will get ??? did i read this right, 10 tickets to the open available, so everyone at the final table gets one ??? hmmmm sweet, so how many rebuys are you allowing ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

need to look at stacks ...its an expensive buy in for 3500 chips 20 min clock .... at least 5k starting or else u are in trouble straight away as i found out after Calling with Aj Flop Ajq - My all in called by A10 just to see a beautiful K on the river .... I know there are 9 tickets prizepool in excess of 31k ... This should make the structure come first in my opinion so u get value for 300 +15 Dont like any game that a player can rebuy more then he started with .. Never makes sense to me

In this satellite, it encourages the rebuy which builds up the prize pool and creates more tickets. If you start with 3500 and triple your stack, you have 10500 so gettin a 5k topup makes sense, but if you start with 5k and triple to 15k, getting a 3.5k topup is horrible so i think it works well in the IO sats

Flushdraw wrote:
    In this satellite, it encourages the rebuy which builds up the prize pool and creates more tickets. If you start with 3500 and triple your stack, you have 10500 so gettin a 5k topup makes sense, but if you start with 5k and triple to 15k, getting a 3.5k topup is horrible so i think it works well in the IO sats
    agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    agree

What he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

sikes wrote:
    what ratio is it at the moment?

hovered between 1/8 at best of bb and were as bad as 1/5

I think the 3500/5000 top up is perfect for a one rebuy satt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

What time does it start at?

Daithio wrote:
    What time does it start at?

It starts at eight
    Don't be late
    We would not, could not
    Want to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Do you have to be over 21 to play in this feeder, since you only have to be over 18 to play in the IO???``

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

Ace2007 wrote:
    Do you have to be over 21 to play in this feeder, since you only have to be over 18 to play in the IO???``

Yeah you do. I think i asked this question 2 or 3 times last year for different things. Thankfully ive no need to ask again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

The Emporium insists on membership and its a pre qual that you are over 21

dont even think about asking for leniency, i was through this with them for a player already and it was a complete waste of time

NO NO NO NO NO

NEVER

OVER 21 OR GET OFF THE PREMISES

• Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

i know plenty of guys under 21 who got into the place on their first time to the place but were refused the next time they went...

Advertisement