Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof Rack Question

Options
  • 26-03-2007 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

I have a converted VW LT31 (used to be an ambulance..) and would like to put a roof rack on for surfboards, as they are cramping the inside a little, having to take them out, put them back in etc etc.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding a roofrack that could be fitted.

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Sorry, once again ...not very helpful ... but they did make them
    3f1d_24.JPG

due to the relative scarcety of the LT here it'll probably be difficult to find a "bespoke" one. But AFAIK they were fixed to the "gutter", so any old type roof rack should be modifiable to fit your LT.

BTW:

On my old VW (see pic below) I had a surfboard carrier fixed to the side of the high roof. The previous owner had just drilled through the roof and fixed a sort of U-shaped board holder to the side, countered by a metal plate from the inside, sealed and glued to the roof and held togehter by some fairly sturdy screws.

If you've got a high roof, that might also be an idea ...plus it would save you from having to climb up on the roof every time (and you wouldn't need a ladder either)

sort of like this:
    hochdach.gif
    (only this one's for a hangglider)

Advertisement