Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Monitor?

Options
  • 26-03-2007 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Lately my laptop has become unbelievably hot. Its an extreme construction fault imo, its got one fan on it, thats meant to cool down its 1.7ghz processor, 128mb geforce go6200.. but most the time this results in the laptop just heating up so that it underclocks to 400 - 600mhz and starts sending out heat out of the one fan. The heat is so bad that it burns if you leave your hand next to the vent too long. o_O

I'd love to be able to find out just how hot it is inside my laptop. Is this possible? Measure the temperature of processor / graphics card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

What make is your laptop?

I used speedfan for a while. It was able to control the fan speed/ access temps etc. Not sure how reliable it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

It's an NEC i-Select M5610i

• Registered Users Posts: 29 easkey1

Laptop is the wrong word to use
    All new note books/laptops have big processors requires lots of cooling.
    You shouldn’t put the laptop on tour lap, most of the vents are on the bottom of it and should be on a hard surface to allow air flow.

easkey1 wrote:
    You shouldn’t put the laptop on tour lap, most of the vents are on the bottom of it and should be on a hard surface to allow air flow.

Where does the OP say they had their laptop on their lap?

easkey1 wrote:
    All new note books/laptops have big processors requires lots of cooling.

I dont have my laptop on my lap, i generally have it on a flat survace, if i have it on my lap there's a hard surface between it and my lap.

But the surfaces on which my laptop sit on get extremely hot, and the fan just shoots out extremely hot air. There's just one intake fan on the bottom of the machine, thats directly below the trackpad.

• Advertisement

Did you try Speedfan from my first post?

forgot to check up on the program, my main problem is that i dont know what motherboard i have. :/

Anyone got any idea how i figure out what motherboard i have? there's no documentation on my laptop on the internet.. ~_~

Advertisement