Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - fixing laptop!?

Options
  • 26-03-2007 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

I was wondering if you would be able to help me.

I own a HP Pavillion DV4000 laptop. It is 1 1/2 years old.

A few months ago it took a little fall and now the right hinge is not holding in place, as though the bar going through the hinge is broken.

Also, another problem that has occurred just today is that when i close my laptop - it doesn't turn off anymore, as the little rubber nubbin does not get pressed down enough to turn off the laptop.

I have rand HP and the hassle trying to deal with them - is just not worth it and I would really love if somebody like yourself could just fix the hinge. As simple as it sounds, it's probably not! But thats what I'd love!

Thanks,

Amanda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Would really need to see it TBH. What part of the country are you??

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

It should be possible to source a spare hinge via ebay for reasonable money and then all you need is someone who is fairly handy with a screwdriver to figure out how to replace it.

Can be a bit tricky on some laptops, but usually can be done without too much fuss.

If you're anywhere near me in Longford I would be happy to help out.

XDA

Advertisement